Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*%#^@ Goddamn Pieces of [darn]!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I was up on the trail the other night with a couple of friends and I busted out my rear u-joint. I only had 2wheel drive cause I still haven't fixed my front gears yet.
    No big deal - we are only about 5 min walk from a friends house. Decided to grab a u-joint the next day and fix it then drive out.

Took the next day off work, get out there with the new joint, go to install the d-shaft, find out the parts guy gave me the wrong conversion joint. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So I go back down to get the right one and they don't have it in stock. Said he could get it for me the next day. Soo... the truck stays another day. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I couldn't take another day of off work so I head out there after work...
    My truck is smashed in /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My Iroks were stolen /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My battery /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Every window was rolled up just to be smashed out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif All my tools, recovery equipment, gone.

If I find out who did it I will beat them with a [darn] bat!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

It had to have happened sometime during the day today because 2 people that I know drove by it this morning and said it was fine when they saw it.

I called the police and left my info with a night clerk who said an officer will call me tomorrow. Then I called everyone I could think of who might know the kind of people that would hear about this kinda thing and now half the town is watching out for em.

They shouldn't be too hard to find since they are the only 36" Iroks in the city.

I just hope I find em before the cops do /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Got a lead from a buddies dad who saw a yellow quad ripping around out there lately causing all kinds of [darn], and I guess he saw the guy out there today as well. He's staying at a local campsite. Haven't decided if I'm gonna pay him a visit yet or not.

Can't believe there's cocksuckers like that out there that would do that kinda thing. I'd just like to have 5 min with him. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Just had to vent to someone that understands. I think they are going to declare the truck a write-off, and I don't know the book value on a 78 but I doubt its anywhere near what I've got in it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[darn] sorry for the rant

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

That sucks man. Mabey it was someone you knew........or know. If it was in the booneis thats something else. I would start knocking on doors/tents. Look into there eyes,you will know if they did it or not. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Good luck ,jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Man that really, really sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'll bet that even if the the guy on the quad didn't have anything to do with it, he might have seen something that would help you.

A family friend had the same thing happen, only it was on a gravel road out in the country. The truck broke down and when they came back the next evening someone had slashed all the tires, smashed all the glass, dented every body panel, jumped up and down on the hood and roof, smashed the grill and all the lights. I can't believe people would do that.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That sucks Max,

Never ever leave your truck on the trail, better to sleep in it while waiting for parts to come back.

My truck spent the night on the trail in Moab, and I can tell you I didn't sleep well that night. I fully expected it to be stripped, but fortunately the weather was cold and wet so there wasn't anyone doing any night wheeling.

What really sucks is wheelers do this to other wheelers.

You did have comprehensive insurance on your truck right? (fire theft and vandalism)

Provide ICBC with all your reciepts and be prepared to argue about the value of the aftermarket equipment like the tires. Do not give the web site address's, give them print photo's of the tires and other stuff.

Worst case, they write it off, pay you out and you buy it back from them...then Truggy it (if the body was messed up too badly)

Rene