Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Goin' on Ebay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 24, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Goin\' on Ebay

Well, it's going. Got word that the house is probably going to be ours around 12/22, so I gotta get motivated to work n it...
    I'm posting the K5 on Ebay in a couple days. I washed it tonight, I'm cleaning it out tomorrow night, then probably around wednesday, I'll have it fully photoed and running online... One of the drawbacks is that the way a certain situation has arranged itself, I'm going to end up splitting the money for it with a shop...

Unless anyone in here is interested?? I know I can get about $2500 for it up here in my area if I wax it, so I'm starting it on ebay for about that, or maybe $2000.

She's a good truck, she's just going to die (rust) lonely if I don't let her go (and as fellow CK5er's, you know this is hard to do!)...

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: Goin\' on Ebay

bummer, i just got mine in april and can't imagine letting it go!

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I just took her out for a gas-up before work tomorrow, and I'm totally bumming... She's running beautifully, strong as an ox, fast (in a lumbering-goon sort of way), and so darn comfortable!!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

**** THAT, find a way too keep it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratch, c'mon now, get ahold of yourself!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif What's a couple thousand bucks in the grand scheme of things? I think if you wanted to keep her you could find a way.....

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I odn't know man, I'm tryin. Maybe mentioning it on here was a subconscious cry for help...

But really, the way I see it, it's costing me too much right now to keep using it to commute, and the only place I have to park it is the street or the grass in front of my side yard, which is under a sap-dripping tree, and a flood area (bad drainage=accelerated rust!)...

I'm trying to find a way, but I'm too afraid she's going to turn 90% brown by the time I can get back to wrenching...

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

**** that noise Ratch. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Cut that damn tree down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and build a temperary structer to keep her out of the elements even if it means useing ugly blue tarps and lowering the property value in the neiborhood.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If worst comes to worst, rent a storage garage for it till spring.

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So what's the verdict, Ratch? Have you come to your senses yet? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif