Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Goin' to Tellico this weekend, April 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72THING, Apr 19, 2004.

1. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Goin\' to Tellico this weekend, April 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Who\'s going?

I'm planning on going to Tellico this weekend, going to leave Friday morning, tow the THING up there and do some hard trails. Who wants to go? Keith? Depdog? Grim? Anybody?

Post up!

Will

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Re: Goin\' to Tellico this weekend, April 23rd, 24th, and 25th. Who\'s going?

My junk is apart in the driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifjust need to put the new Th400and ORD doubler in /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Junk is not running right and I have to go pick up a truck in Macon sometime this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Doublers for toys are $400 if you didn't know and they can be stacked 6 deep if your weird enough to try. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Dang it, ya'll. Wish you both could go. If any of you talk to Dep, see what he's doing. Maybe he can go. Thanks,

Will

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I am really thinking of going. I am leaving for Afghanbistan 15 May, so I NEED to go!!!

Rob

6. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

You need to go, Robert. I need someone who knows the trails pretty good to follow. I've only been once and had a great time. We're staying at Crawfords Fri and Sat night. We should be there by 3:00 or 4:00 Fri afternoon. We'll have a beat up khaki colored 72 Chevy on 39 Boggers, an orange trailer, and a bluish-purple F-250 tow rig. Hope you can make it.

Will

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Rob, if you get the chance, go. Will is a great guy to wheel w/. I've got to go to OH this w/e to pick up a great trailer and maybe a crappy tow rig or I'd be intrested. I haven't been wheeling in two months and I need to get out.

8. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Trying like Hell to get my Winch working!! If I cant get it figured out, I guess I we will go to URE since its not quite as "Hardcore".........

I cant leave until after 3 pm tommorrow cause thats when Kristen gets out of class, so I have all day.....

Silver Dodge SRW with 24ft Gooseneck pulling "The tan one" in case we make it...

Hopefully we will see ya there.

Rob

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

OK, hope you can make it. Oh, and thanks for the compliment, Jim.

Will

10. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Sorry dude, I am out of the loop for a while. Wife was sick (has been for the last 3 years, she has Hashimotos (sp) HypoThyroidism) and its being a real bitch to get straightened out. I have not wheeled in over a year. She is not working and we are having to live on my income only. So not money to wheel, or heck for that matter gas to go wheeling. The K5 is still in one piece and I still tinker with it. I just changed the front bumper some. I will take some new pics and post them.

Glenn

11. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Hey Glenn. i hope your wife gets better soon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. i might just have to tow your ass up there sometime.

12. Depdog

Thanks Chris.

We are on the right track I think. Have been through a gammit of medications and Doctors (don't get me started on Doctors and insurance companies ...) Anyhow, finally have a good Endocrinoligist (sp) lined up, but it was August before we could get an appointment (and that one was made 2 months ago, guy is tha bomb from everything we have read and from a good friend I work with that see's him).

It has been a nightmare, you cant believe all of the things that you Thyroid controls. It has really put a hurtin on us (It would take quite a few pages to detail all the crap that has happened as a direct result of this).

How is your K5 going? Got the 1 ton axles under it yet?

Glenn

13. Depdog

Oh, just so yall know what I have been doing to try and help out with the $$ situation here at home, and to keep me busy. www.foamtasticmodels.com

They are fun, easy to build, and its something I can do while staying at home, or very close to home.

Thanks
    Glenn

14. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Glenn, Hope your wife does well with the new doctor. Sorry you can't wheel. Maybe it'll change one day. I'd love to go wheelin with you again.

At Tellico I twisted the tubing on the rear driveshaft on Guardrail after wheelin for only 3 hrs. So I'm ordering a driveshaft with .120" wall thickness instead of the .083" mine was.

Will

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Had no idea. Been so covered up with my junk I haven't pulled my head out of the sand.
    Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    I have about 5lb worth of Li batteries here I been collecting for you. I should have thrown them in the truck a few times. Been in year area several times in the last few months.

16. Depdog

Thanks guys. I wont lie and tell you its fun, it AINT. Sux out the A$$, but I am doing all I can. Mostly its just grin and bear it, makes PMS look like a joy ride...

Grim, give me a call on the cell or at home if your down this way and I can get them from you, or trow them at Keith when you see him next. I have not seen him in probably 6 months, but we talk about once a week. We will eventually hook up at another club meeting.

The not wheeling is mostly gas prices and nothing close enough in case there are problems at home. The K5 is totally up to it.

Keeping my fingers crossed on the new doctor, its still 2 months away and we made the appt over 2 months ago. It sux on the wait, but I am hoping its a good thing as he has a great reputation.

Later
    Glenn