Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going 44s. . . FINALLY!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Dec 11, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

YES!! and i know you're saying. . . "you don't even have a D60 yet." I know. but do not worry. it's all in the works. I just found a good deal on 44 tsl (80% tread) for $600+ shipping. . .soooo i had to. Now you'll say- save the money and get a D60!! again i have to decline because i am only getting enough money by selling my tires, and if i do that and get a 60. . . then i have no tires! so anyway- i won't wheel it hard at all until i get a 60, so fear not. just thought i'd let ya'll know and try and get some pictures of 44s with 10" of lift, how much trimming? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif44"s are the sheeeet!!!!!

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You need to weld the 44 up and go see how bad you can break it with the 44's on. O yeah if your going to be running 44's i recommend doin the 35 spline front stub shaft conversion right away.

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

When you find a Dana 60, do the 35 spline upgrade, add a locker, hydro assist, cross over, re-gear it, etc. etc. weld up the 44... blow it up... post the pics! I'm interested in seeing carnage too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good deal on 44's though. I have a Dana 60... can I have them /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a Dana 60... can I have them /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I've got a D60, can I have them?

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Dana 60... can I have them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif HEY!!! me first!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif just playin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Quote:

I have a Dana 60... can I have them

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif HEY!!! me first!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif just playin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let him break his frontend a few times first. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. BowtieRed

i GUARANTEE i will not break any part of my d44 with those. . . two reasons
    1) no front shaft
    2) 10b front /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

no breaking the 10 bolt, i might could get $50-60 out of it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    1) no front shaft

no breaking the 10 bolt, i might could get $50-60 out of it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said anything about a D44. Said you'd break your frontend.

My truck has never left the yard without a front shaft. I would leave the yard without rear brakes before I would leave the yard without a front shaft.

10. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif your going past the point of no return now give it awhile and 44" will seem small you can get bye with the 10-bolt front in the mud fairly well with 44" tsl's I play in 2-wheel and just use the front end to back me out of where 2-wheel won't go which is still farther than most of my buddies who run 40's and smaller I usually go first and tear the pit up for them so they can have more of a challenge fighting my ruts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif front end will break though especially stub shafts and spider gears and steering u-joints can't wait to see some pics blazers look Badass on 44"

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm with you on leaving without a front shaft, I have left with pretty non functional brakes but I could get out of the ditch that my brakes got me into.

12. BowtieRed

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    1) no front shaft

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said anything about a D44. Said you'd break your frontend.

My truck has never left the yard without a front shaft. I would leave the yard without rear brakes before I would leave the yard without a front shaft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god if it doesn't have a font shaft. . . i mean, that's about as bas as having low washer fluid or. . . bad muffler bearings. . . /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Give me $400 for a front shaft and i'll buy one. until then my truck will make it 3 miles to and from school just fine in 2wd.