Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GOING CRAZY!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, May 11, 2001.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As I sit here @ 3:00 in the morning, typing a final, I realized I really can't wait till summer. I have plans of wheeling, fishing, baseball, and working. Hopefully, I can get enough $$$ to make my Blazer not stock. MMMMM... 6" lift...37" shoes...just a few weeks away!!!
    BTW after removing the top, do the weatherstips need to be replaced, or can they be reused if still in good condition?

K-5- because size DOES matter!

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Summer, wheelin, Oh yah. I agree except I'm in Florida right now blazing in the sun [​IMG]. Fishing? I just went 25 miles off shore and caught over 100lbs of fish, The biggest was a 35lb tuna (nice).
    As for your top, I used the same gasket without a problem or leak so I don't think you with have one. Heading back to Colorado tomorrow...............[​IMG].....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you can re-use them but be carfule not to tear them or they will leak

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I was told if you put them in a bucket of soapy water
    after you take the seals off that it will help from keeping them from drying out and ripping the only thing that sucks about it is you have to wipe them off when you take them out of the bucket so if you have any tears be careful not to rip them more

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

5. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just took the top off last weekend and the seals were so rotted that they were all tore up. 140 for new seals "at cost" from GM and around 120 from LMC. Make sure you have the money set aside just in case!

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>