Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going Dana 60 Hunting...Any Tips?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 10, 2002.

I a going to go Dana 60 Hunting today and I dont want to sound like I have not been reading the other posts on 60's because I have. Still a few things have me confused though. Somebody mentioned that it has to be a closed knuckle Dana 60, what is the difference, and how can I distinguish it, when looking for one. What else do I need to look for to make sure it's the right one? I am bolting it under my 80 K20. Any help would be great.

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Sep 4, 2001
    I would have to say open nuckle (like what you have now, where you can see the u joints--not like a toyota where it is a ball looking thing) instead of having 4 u-bolts, on the passanger side closest to the pumpkin is a place for 2 studs or bolts. looking straigh ahead at the pumpkin, on the lower right hand side there should be a "60F" cast into it. Instead of haveing the "U' steering arm w/ 3 bolts holding it down, there is just an arm sticking out.