Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going Dashless

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jul 20, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got my new dash bezel in today after like a month but it was a good deal $80 so I'm not complaining (too much) I took out the gauges and cleaned them and replaced the burned out lights and cleaned the gauges but I put the plastic piece back on and it cracked ($60). So now I don't have the dash pad or the bezel on and my lights are still flickering. I already replaced the bulb and when I first start driving its out but it comes on later. I want to fix this but does anybody know what is wrong with it I'vealready checked the connectors and they are fine. also used steel wool to lightly rub off some of the stuff on the connection.

90K5

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Did you check the connections on the headlight switch/dimmer? The contacts get old and worn, or just dirty, and it makes your dash lights flicker. Every GM car I've ever had has done this after a while.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

CHECK YOUR GROUNDS

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII being installed