Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going from 4" to 6" springs, bushing question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Yukon Jack, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Going from 4\" to 6\" springs, bushing question

Stephen, gonna be ordering 6" springs from you shortly to replace my 4" Tuff Country HD springs. I am using your greasable bushings and hd shackles. Will I probably be able to reuse the bushings, they have been in for about 3 years, but very little actual miles on them.

Second question. I just swapped to a BB. As the 6" springs don't come in HD, can I (should I) remove the extra bottom leaf from my 4" HD pack and add it to the 6" pack to compensate for the extra weight of the BB? Thanks and will be calling you in a few days to order.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Going from 4\" to 6\" springs, bushing question

4" and 6" use the same eyes, so bushings swap between them with no problems.

The 6" springs are built with the same leaves as the 4" HD's so a big block isn't too big a deal. That and the fact that most of the weight is behind the axle, it's not as big a deal as adding a winch and bumper. So you'll be fine.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Going from 4\" to 6\" springs, bushing question

I've got a BB with a heavy front bumper and a winch with the 6" springs from ORD. The front doesnt sag at all and flexes real good. I dont think I would worry about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif