Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going from columnt to floor shift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by exrider, Jun 25, 2004.

1. exrider

exrider Registered Member

Yes, I have searched and can't find anything to how to. I have many of the rigs here have this done. I want to do it to mine also. I am looking at either using a B&M or Hurst T shifter for my 78 K5. Is it a very difficult install? Is there alot of fabrication involved and is there any mods that need to be done to the trany to mate up to the floor? Sorry I am so vague, this one is new to me.

2. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

It's an easy install, usually the kit will include everything you need, including new linkages (cable or solid) and directions /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Oh and depending on what kind of tranny you have here is a post from not too long ago about a 700r4, but it applies to all autos. Good luck

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. exrider

exrider Registered Member

Thanks, that is what I needed to hear. I did some searching on Jegs and Summit found there prices about to be the same. I think I am going with the Light Truck Mega Shiter, taller base and is only $167. Now if I only can find a new steering column I will be in business.