Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

going full convertible?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79k20, Nov 7, 2001.

1. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

I am looking at buying a 1990 blazer to make my daily driver. I want to know if anybody has used a hardtop for the conversion. I don't want to use a soft top.

<font color=red>Sean<font color=red>

[​IMG]<font color=red>79 k20(duh) d44, 14bolt, built 350,350,np203,9"lift</font color=red>[​IMG]

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

it can be done! just get yourself a windshield frame from a full convert and get out the sawzall. weld up the donor frame and find yourslef a full hardtop. i havent done it but its what i plan to do. ayay, so many plans, so little money!!!
    Justin

3. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i have a 1990 with a hard top off a 75 on it. it looks factory, any questions?

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Talk to Yeild to me and MTPockets. Both have done this conversion with soft tops. The biggest problem is the full convertable had "Rocker Boxes" this is a double floor to get the strenght back to suport the firewall so your doors will line up. With a 77up (76 still had rocker boxes wven though they had hard tops) the floor changed and will not be strong enough to keep from folding without the roof. You will have to install a full roll cage and tie it into the windsheild header to regain the strenth.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper