Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going Higher

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtnsun, Feb 18, 2003.

1. mtnsun

mtnsun Registered Member

I have a 77 GMC Jimmy project underway at the moment. I have a 4" Tuff Country lift on it now with 35" BFG Mudders. I want to end up with 40's on it! Advice and suggestions on adding x-tra lit to my project..

JJ /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

The usual question we will begin asking is what do you want your truck to do? If your intentions are to crawl, I would say that you need to make good friends with the man from milwaukee Mr. Sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. You should be able to fit the 40''s with major trimming and possibly the addition of a 1'' zero rate (front and rear) and/ or a longer front shackle for another 1'' lift. Moving the front axle forward will also help with tire to firewall clearance /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif (this can be done with the 1'' zero rate.) If you begin to feel faint at the thought of removing that much metal /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, you can always add a body lift /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If your intentions are to crawl, I would ... you can always add a body lift

[/ QUOTE ]

Boyd Lift = Not good if you are crawlin'. There is too much stress on body mounts i hear.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Thats why you upgrade to new bodymounts when you do the bodylift. I need to upgrade to those new bodymounts cuz im getting some noise's but they are 14 years old.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net