Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going on a 4x4 contest!!! need tips.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Sep 29, 2000.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Tomorrow I'll be proudly showing my ColoradoK5.com emblem to hundreds of people in this off-road contest [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]. There are about 30 other trucks of all kinds/sizes, but especially Heeps. Difficulty is about 2 on a 1-10 scale. There will be mud, sand and rocks.

I know mine is stock, but I know I can show those bunch of heeps that even a stock K5 can beat them. I'm not that experienced in off-roading, so any advice you wanna share with me will be greatly appreciated and put into practice tomorrow.

I sware I'll try to put the K5 name as high as possible... I only wish I had a locker[​IMG].

Thanks and wish me luck.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'll, second that. My favorite saying is: if your not having fun, your doing it worng. Rember you are wider than a Jeep, or a Toy for that matter. Air down your tires. Last, gas is an answer, but not the only answer. Have fun.
    Jim '80 GMC.

It's a Wheelbase thing, You're Jeep wouldn't understand!
    http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

hope you have fun. you can beat those heeps no problem. One of my friends had a K5 with an open diff and he could go thru shallow lakes in 2WD. K5s can do anything a heep can do, only better.

90K5