Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

going on my 1st house boat trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

never stayed on a house before, should be pretty fun. going to lake powell from the week before to the 4 of july weekend, we will be i think docking from the utah side. 7 adults and 4 kids. 3 girls and my 3 1/2 yr old. kinda wish my son had another boy his age to play with but all my friends i know have girls, im the only one with a boy.......i guess im the lucky one :D . im going to spend most of my time playing with my boy so hes not chaseing the girls around and feeling left out. there only one his age, the other two are a little older by a few years. i have promised myself that i would minimize the drinkin to just a beer or two a day cause i dont want anything to happen to my boy cause myself or mom was having too much to drink and we lost track of him or any of the kids and one fell of the boat or something. that would be devistating. they will be in life vests while on deck no matter what. then we go to vegas for a few days, going to celibrate a friends birthday there.

2. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Sounds sweet! Houseboats are fun, we rented on on the cumberland river that came with a speedboat and for a few hundred extra two jetskis, we had a blast! have fun and take some sunscreen!!

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have been out on Powell, Lake Mead, and Shasta, on a House boat. All trips were a lot of fun. Helps to have some toys along. I usually take my Boat. And have rented jet skis. Even a canoe can be fun on Powell. There are lots of cool places to explore. If you are cruising on Powell be sure to keep your tanks full. DONT PASS A MARINA WITHOUT FILLING UP!!! ESPICALY RAINBOW BRIDGE! Thare aint very many marinas and they are a long........ LONG way apart. Dont be in a hurry to get anywhere conserve gas. If you get hot take a trip thru the dam. Its plenty cool under all that concrete.
    Bring your fishing pole. Fishing is usually good. And plenty of sunscreen. Somekind of shade (canopys or umbrellas) for the beach is a must have nesisity. Specially if you have young ones aboard. Cooked kids are a real bummer to be around. It will be plenty hot. 100+. You will never get thru the day only drinking 2 beers :haha:

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

thunder, thanks for the advise. a bud is bringing a boat thats i think a 23 foot open bow and my other friend is bringing two seadoo ride on and a 750 standup jet ski. i have a shade canopy, but i am going to buy another one. sun screen is a must as my family is as white as could be.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Looks like yur good to go :thumb: Hope you all have a great time :cool1: