Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to Australia

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AKbigsub, Nov 28, 2005.

1. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm possibly going Down Under for a couple weeks in December and would like to do some wheelin' while there. Anyone have any connections?

2. project84k5

project84k5 Registered Member

australia

i spent a month over there about 2 years ago, and to be honest, from about melbourne or brisbane, anywhere west you can find places to rent aussy jeeps (landcruisers). its nothing to bad, just mostly really dusty red roads and alot of very strange but nice people. but as i found out, alot of the ranchers will know where to go that you will have the most fun. where abouts in australia are you going? i went all the way down the eastern seaboard from cairns to sydney, so i could tell you about some pretty sweet places to check out as far as site-seeing goes. well this is getting long, but i had the time of my life and the people are none other anywhere. incredably nice. have fun over there, just prepare yourself for 18 1/2 hours after L.A airport.

ryan

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You might try posting over on pirate... lots of international wheelers on there... you could probably hook up with someone on there directly (as opposed to a friend of a friend type deal).

j

4. TravisO

TravisO 1/2 ton status

Find the ARB manufacturing facility and you'll likely get lots of blokes (is that even a real word?) that love to go wheelin'. While you're there, sneak out a 14 bolt ARB for me. ;)
    Travis

5. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Hey mate,

Where are you gunna be and what do you what to know?

Jason

6. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

I recommend wheeling the beach north of Cairns. Rentals are available as well as guided tours into the rain forest.

7. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The trip has fallen through :( . Thanks for all the help.

8. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Shame about your trip falling thru AKbigsub. You would have had a lot of fun down there. Especialy asking the Aussies what happened to their Rugby team last weekend in Wales, :haha: AND their Rugby League team in the Tri-Nations final against NZ, :haha: :haha: oh, AND their Cricket team last summer in England (don't mention the Ashes) :haha: :haha: :haha: and ... Oh, Hi Jason. Hope you're bearing up under the sporting strain? :laugh:

9. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

aaah yes.....well you know what its like...got to let some one else have a turn at world sport domination....otherwise it gets boring! :wink1: