Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to be hitting the job search hard................time to network

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jan 16, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Title covers the point, here's why - the company I work for since the end of 1993 (over 9 years now) is going through typical (at least in these economic times) restructuring due to profit levels not being met for a lot of reasons (some due to the economy of the country, some to our own less than stellar decisions /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif). 18 people were let go from corporate functions in all areas - sales (where I have been for 4 of my 9 years), manufacturing, service, you name it, it got affected. Fortunately, I have a strong background in plant and production management in this company (and total of 20 years experience in plant management) and our Manufacturing VP (God bless him) knew I could help him. Downside is a lot of travel - a lot. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif And the very real possibility that I would be asked to relocate for the 4th time is too much to even consider - I will not leave Oregon if I can help it.

So for anyone who knows of, hears of, or dreams of open positions in manufacturing (plant/operations/production/materials management) or sales management in plastics or packaging or any type of manufacturing company, please let me know.

Any ideas on job searches or leads are greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

TIA /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry to hear about that Frank -

I will keep my eyes and ears open for you!

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear the news, that really sucks /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. If I hear or see anything I will let you know... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

If I had known just a few weeks ago, I could have hooked you up. We hired a guy to do about that over here. But it is in Idaho so it might not have been an option for you.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

due to the new waste treatment plant going up over here the Richland, WA area is a pretty good job market right now. About 3 hours from PDX though.

Good luck in your hunt though.

Also I just checked a website of a company in Vancouver, WA. Applied Motion Systems, Inc. I know the owner because he frequents the stovebolt.com forums. Great guy to work for (I applied and interviewed but the guy he was about to replace straightened out and didnt make an opening for me).