Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to look at a 72 3/4 ton 4x4 & a 69and a 71 blazer What to look for??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Nov 24, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

He has all three for sale. I am hopping to come home with one of them. I have no idea what to look out for. Any help with this would be great!!! Thanks Mike

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The 69 Blazer might not be disc brakes. If it isn't I wouldn't go for it.
    On the blazers look for:
    1) Rust on the windshield frame
    2) Rusty rocker boxes (p/u's don't have rocker boxes)
    3) Condition of the rear hatch
    etc.

3. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Where is all this at? If it is local your probably looking at mucho rust if they aren't restored or well maintained. I love the blazer's myself and would take either, (disc brake swap isn't that difficult). I say get whatever you like. I personally like the earlier front end but everyone has opinions get whatever you feel most comfortable with and that appeals to you most.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

do all 3 of them run?id look at rust first off.restoration would kill the deal if everything was rusted through.it also depends on price.if its cheap and has a little rust then fixing it into a good truck would only cost your restoration time and money.you also have to look at if its legal if you plan on driving it right away.i am goiung to have trouble passing inspection unless i can find a "good" shop to go to.haha.i think i found one to get a sticker at.just have to try and see what they say. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

They are in north Jersey. He is making me think now. He said he would let me have the 71 for 800 and include a shot 74 with a good drive train and NO body left. The 72 is in good shape and what needs work is in the bed ready to be put on,but he wants 2000 for it. Thanks for the help I will let you guys know how it goes. later Mike