Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to look at an 89 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by inscape, Jan 28, 2004.

1. inscape

inscape Registered Member

My 80 Jimmy is a piece, the engine/tranny/x-fer case are good but other than that it's bad. I saw an 89 blue/silver, gray interior and I think maybe a 2.5-4" lift with probably 31" or so tires. Don't know the mileage, but the sticker price is $3800.

Is that a good price? Anything specific I should look out for? I really want it, so I might look past some problems.

2. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

look under the carpet for rust. it'll be there. use it as a bargaining tool! check the power rear window. check the transfer case and make sure 4wd works.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

I've got an 89 and i paid 6k for it. mine was stock and not abused tho. plus i bought it from a guy i know thru work who is a mechanic so i know it was kept up good. i would go thru all the usual steps when testdriving a used vehicle, rust,oil leaks, clunks, evidence of accidents, and if all is good 3800 is a fair price.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

get under it and look at the floor and all the mounts and moutning areas!!! and the taipan/tailgate are..look under the floor allll over there.., and yea, that the 4x4 works, shifts through all gears good, (runs good), 89 is nice, ull have the TBI.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif