Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

going to order 1 inch body lift, what else do i need?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Jan 31, 2005.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Ok guys, I'm about to order the one inch body lift from ORD, but I would also like to replace my body mounts. I saw some in LMC, but I want them asap and I dont think LMC has online ordering. What different replacement types are there and what are the different benifits of them? I'd like a soft ride and no squeeking if possible. Thanks
    Branndon

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

lmc has online ordering

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

your local napa should be able to get them next day.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what exactaly do I ask for. Body mounts for a 73 GMC jimmy?
    Will they ask me anything else I need to know? Thanks guys:)

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yeah, just ask for the body mounts. I dont think anything else would come with them...

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

When I did the body lift on my 88 Burb, I just asked for the poly replacement body bushings and the 2" body lift formy vehicle. Went on very nice. Took about 3 hrs and about 24 bottles of beer:D to get it put on!!

7. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

i dont konw from esperience but i have raed on the forum that some guys wish they replaced there body mounts with rubber instead of polly. they said the ride wasent as soft as it once was. but who knows maybe it was just physological.

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I wasn't going for softness, but rather durability. I know some prefer, but the poly lasted great until I sold the Burb.

To each his own:grin:

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You really have no reason to fear polyurethane body mounts. You will notice a slight increase in noise transfer from the engine and suspension through the body, but after a day or so you will get used to it, and won't be any big deal. You need to remember, "You have a truck, and not a velvet Cadillac". It will always be a noisy growling beast, and a set of polyurethane body mounts will not make that big a difference.

You should just go and buy the body mounts from ORD. They can get you a set of Daystar polyurethane body mounts at a competitive price. That is what I did when I purchased my 1" body lift, for my truck, from ORD.

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

When I replaced mine on my first gen I called around to all the local off road shops and Desert Rat had them in stock, Energy Suspension brand I think. Ive been satisfied with my poly mounts but then again its a trail only rig.....I second the motion to get yours from ORD...less shopping.

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ORD listed them for 99 bucks i think, i got them from car quest for 75 today, 80 with tax, they are the same brand you mentioned, but i did order my 1 inch body lift from ord today

12. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Good luck :waytogo: I wish I had went with a 1" body lift like you are doing when I replaced my bushings.....

13. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I just got the one's from LMC last week, took like 3 days from when I ordered them. I got the whole kit because I needed all the hardware (lots of rust up north here) I was very impressed with the quality and completeness of the kit. Also a few of the parts were original GM parts. I liked seeing that!