Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to pick up my new trailer this weekend

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 6.2Blazer, Nov 13, 2003.

1. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Finally made up my mind and put a down a deposit on a trailer yesterday, heading to N. Carolina sometime this weekend to pick it up.

It's from Kaufman Trailers (http://kaufmantrailersinc.com/)

It's an 18' deck by 83" wide tandem axle upgraded to 9,000 lbs. GVW, full steel deck w/ d-rings, brakes on both axles, break-away kit, etc....for under $1,900 out the door /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That price was over $700 cheaper than what the local distributor of these trailers quoted me, and almost $500 cheaper than the cheapest trailer I found locally (which was of questionable quality).

A friend of mine has had the base 7k GVW 16' trailer for a couple of years with no problems what so ever.

I will give an update when I get it home.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sweet, get some pics up here to. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Get ready to be everyone's best friend when they need something hauled! I would charge just enough to pay for registraition, tires, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i want a new trailer now that is sweet

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well, after an 18 hour and 900 mile road trip the trailer is sitting in my driveway.

The only thing I am thinking about adding is a couple more marker lights and/or reflectors...just to be on the safe side.

I didn't have a chance to load the Blazer on it yet because I spend yesterday evening messing around with making drive-over fenders. I had a bunch of old wood 4x4's in the garage, so I stacked 3 high along the inside of the fenders, traced the outline of the fender on the wood, and cut them with a sawzall to shape and bolted them to the fenders. Hopefully this works okay, if it does than I will probably build something similiar out of steel later this winter.