Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to San Diego for the weekend.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandman, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Going down wed and coming back sat. Going to sit on the beach and show the two year old the zoo. Maybe try to learn to surf. Never been to south CA before, anything else I should do while I'm there?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Skip the zoo and take the little tyke to Seaworld...the zoo is all right but the habitats are so geared for the animals you don't get to see much (at least we didn't) We could have spent two days at Seaworld easily...it was awesome!!! Seaworld is very interactive...

Rene

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The zoo is cool...! Maybe Rene just scared the animals when he was there! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif There's tons to do but plan to walk a lot! Cool thing is you can take the bus around to different stops so it helps cut down on the walking and the kids dig the bus.

You should go to Balboa Park and check it out because it's neat to see everything there. Seaport Village has good shopping and the area is nice. You can take a tour of the Star of India an old ship docked by the cruise terminals (right by it is Anthony's Grotto which is an awesome seafood place if you like that type of food). There's the mission which is neat but your kid might find it boring. You should check out the Coronado Hotel and the beach by it. Very least take a picture on the beach in front of it because it's a really cool one! Horton Plaza is a great shopping (huge) center/mall to check out. You're close enough to go to Tijuana. You can even catch the trolley there and walk over. It's easier then driving actually because you don't have to worry about parking. If you wanna eat something there KFC is fine... I've eaten there lots of times and never have been sick.... you can have a blast while you're down there. Have a great trip! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thanks. My wife has never seen a real zoo so we'll have to go. The SeaWorld sounds cool, maybe we'll have to do that on Friday.

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You're close enough to go to Tijuana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye carumba, Tijuanna! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Been there, lots of mexican beer, the memories are kind of fuzzy, /forums/images/icons/confused.gif it's a strange and crazy place(definitely interesting)! I agree with checking out Sea World instead of the zoo!

6. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Avoid Tijuana. It's a dump and not worth any effort. Zoo and/or Sea World is a must. The Gaslamp district downtown is also a nice place to walk around/shop/eat.

7. ChevyCaGal

It's worth seeing it once if you never been for a few hours and you can say you have been to Mexico then too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Both are worth seeing. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I'd stay out of Tia-you-wanna??with the kids though. It can be a pretty crude environment. I don't think I'll take my kids there until they are older...like 25! LOL!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

The Zoo is a world renound one and less exspensive than Sea World. Sea World has shows and lotsa kool kid stuff. Kind of a toss up. If you got a lot of money do both. The beach is a great idea right now, its hotter than hell...
    Jim

10. ChevyCaGal

We went down there in May with kids ages 7, 10 and 13... they had fun. We got a picture on the corner with the donkey painted like a zebra. Then we got a cool picture of them fake barfing next to this Taco Rock (like Hard Rock Cafe) sign.... only bad thing was the trolley and the weirdo we encountered. My friends son brushed up against him and he went bonkers. Her boyfriend is a big guy so psycho dude left us alone... but it was funny because he threw his double gulp cup down on the ground and threaten us with a crayon... LOL... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif