Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

going to small farm town junkyard in morning, any parts requests ?

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by R72K5, Mar 6, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

im leaving here to go to a small not well known towing/salveage yard up north in central IL where i know of a few complete 4x4 73-up blazers that are there

parts such as dana44 fronts, sway bars, maybe rally wheels, mayb posi units for 44's or 12 bolts, other stuff i dunno yet, too. ones is probably a 350/np205/th350 K5 and the rest i dont know yet, i dont know what to look for, what is most desirable and hard to find to snag onto while im there, i know of a '70 BB Custom 10 with a dana 60 semifloater axle with 3.54 in it that i want to snag while im there, plus maybe the grille and 402 motor mount frame stands,Custom 400 fender badges, etc
    theres also a decent complete 283 or 327 '65 C-10 there i wanna check out

got any ideas ?

I cant ship big stuff like tranny or T-case or axle, if i was to find something like tha(desirable ones) , this is in IL, so,,,

anyone looking for anything that I can try and get a good deal on, i know the guy and think i can get good deals on most anything, ill check this in the morning just before i leave here to go, i have the torch, 2 ton jack, and all tools loaded up and ready to go with.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Have Fun....Wish we had more places like that around here..

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

wont find any body panels though, complete trash in this state thansk to salted abd snow winters, but drivetrains survive that, if you can find the yards that any are in, not easy to do !!! no hills and no mud in central IL, so no 4x4 here, very hard to find ! have to import to have one

thats why im being shhh about where yard is, its considered a score !

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I'd be kinda interested in some kind of locker type thingy for my 12B I"m pretty broke but if it's REALLY CHEAP then let me know

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i've got a welder you can borrow /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Dontcha hate me answering all your posts? hahahaha

6. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Randy,

I'll take a front Dana 60. I'm in Michigan so I could come and pick up. Just thought I'll ask.

I hope you find some good stuff.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Sorry LKJR, i went ot the yard and he really doesnt have as many GM trucks as I wished he had, only a couple blazers and some 3/4 ton 2wd with 14 bolts and some dana axles, and junk, wants 350-1000 and morefor each axle, id dint even attempt to price T-cases and trannies, i priced 6 bolt tallies at 50 each ! damn ! 4x4 steering boxes for 50-250 each depending on year ! damn!

hideous prices these days ! just insane,,,
    -R

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Zepplin, I tried, gotta give me credit for that at least, i went all the way up there and the dippy wants minimum of 350 for a basic dana60 rear end, and lots more for a front dana, so... plus i dont think he had any of them anyways just front dana44 under a coupe blazers

sorry,
    -R

9. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Thanks for checking though.

10. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

What yard are ya going to? I live in Urbana,IL. I need to find a passenger door with power or a set of manual doors. And possibly a 454!

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hey outlaw. sorry, i already went to there,.... yesterday, lol, so i didnt get to specifically look for that, im a 67-72 guy, so i looked mainly for 67-72 stuff and ignored anything newer, but i bet there were some power doors there in some of the 77-up trucks they have, and i dont recall seeing any 454's but that doesnt mean he doesnt have any, i just didnt look very hard at their engine racks.

Sorry,
    -R

12. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Where was it you went to?What was the name and town?

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

PM'd you, Matt

-R