Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Going to the junkyard for a Quadrajet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Scott A, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

Should I look for any 77-80 with electric choke? Does it matter what GM vehical it comes from?

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

hey scott, are going to the junkyard in monrovia? If so and you can let me know if there's have any 14ff there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

thanks
    justin

3. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I will probably go fri. or sat. They always have a bunch of 14 Bolt FF's there. I was there a few weeks ago and my friend got one with 4.10 gears, open, for like $85 You should go on a half price day /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif then it would be about $42

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my friend got one with 4.10 gears, open, for like $85

[/ QUOTE ]

that's exactly what I need /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif when do they usually have those half price day? anyways I going back to Azusa somtime in mid july if your intrested /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

thanks

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not too sure about the BBC stuff, but any SBC one with only the electric choke (no other connectors) will work.

You can go with any SBC Q-jet up to 1986 as a matter of fact, but only trucks will have non-CCC (electronic) Q-jets '81-up.

Truck 305 carbs tend to be 800 CFM units, (two out there, 750 and 795/800 whichever you prefer) but don't let that get you excited. 750 is likely more than you will ever need, and the 800 gets the extra 50 CFM from the primary side, which isn't the best idea for economy.