Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

going with bigger tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hustler, May 17, 2001.

1. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I noticed on the Technical section it says on a 73-91 4x4 that 32x11.50 will need minor trimming and that 33x12.50 needs a 2.5" lift. I checked out my 90 Jimmy and it has stock 31x10.50 on it and it looks like I could put 33" tires on it without any rubbing. Can I do that or will I have a problem. I do plan on putting a 4" lift on in the future, but I want to check this out and make sure everything is working ok before I put a lift on. I will need new tires soon. I don't want to buy new tires now then next year by another set of tires to go with the lift. Any help would be great and thanks for the help.

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

My understanding is that most people can fit the 33's just fine as long as they keep it on the street. If you get into situations where you're stuffing your tires into the fenders then you'll probably want to trim some sheetmetal.
    Good luck,
    Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I have a '90 w/33's on 10" rims. I had the tires and wheels before the lift, so naturally I had to try them out. The 33's will work on the rear with no problems, but with a 12.5" tire on 10" rims they would not clear the front fender when turning. There are a lot of people who say they run 33's without lifts, but check it out before you do it, big tires can trim a lot of sheetmetal in a hurry.

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."