Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gold Rush Status:

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Gold Rush, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Well Friday night I took the engine out of Gold Rush. Had to take the torque converter with because engine was locked up and couldn't get converter bolts out. Passenger side header was literally half full of mud and so was the pipe from collector back to muffler. Drivers side wasn't as full but still had an inch or so of mud in the bottom and same with pipe to muffler. When I got the engine apart there was mud in several of the cylinders along with water in the oil pan. Then I drained my just rebuilt TH350 trans. Of course there was water in the fluid and to some surprise mud in the bottom of the pan. Took the T-Case apart and to much surprise there was no water or mud in the case. I'll have to check the vent for proper operation cause it must be plugged or there would have been water in there also. Didn't pull the front or rear diff covers yet.

The block and heads goto the machine shop to be checked out for damage Monday. Also they will check for any bent rods.

Moral to this is don't take a $6000.00 motor into a mud pit with water in it when you don't know the depth of the water!!

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Dec 2, 2000
    If you need anything let me now..I have 2 sets of 350 heads...Dan