Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

golf balls or bb's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

been reading posted about this for a while now but havent found out really how much is best, I just got 40's !!! tsls that is and am going to throw bb's or golf balls in them so Im wondering how much of each since I dont have time or money to keep trying new things

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I like the bb's better since they would spread out better I think, as for how much I have heard of people throwing in the whole carton of them or 10oz worth.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I run golf balls because it would have taken a ton of BB's to balance out a couple of my tires. BB's will spread out better than golf balls, though.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

When you drive slow (5 to 10 mph) can you hear the golf balls moving or hitting each other inside the tire?

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Occasionally you can hear them bouncing off of the rims, but thats about it.

6. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Try running your tires with nothing for balance first. I just mounted a set of 39.5x15x16.5 TSL's on a set of 16.5x9.75 Armstrong R&W 12 Bolt Double Bead Locked Rims with rubber inserts and put nothing in them and they ride great. I had bought enough golf balls to put six in each wheel but I decided to try them with nothing first and they are great. I would love to see some pics with the tires on, sounds like your running about the same set up as me.