Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Golf rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Okay. Go to school tonight, brag about the beer drinking and club swinging that's going down next weekend (Wes, I'm talking golf here pal) and I get home and the wife tells me she has bad news. I figuring what now, we got the 30 day notice from the landlord or something. Tells me her father has to work next Saturday and that the new owner has raised the prices of 18 holes and a cart to $26. Okay, now I'm mad!!! This place ain't exactly Augusta International. In fact, the rough is rough. 3 feet tall grass and weeds with orchards to contend with also. Not exactly pretty. And this guy raises prices? WTF?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

The Az boys must be drooling - $26 for 18 holes with a cart is a GREAT price.............we pay about that here in Oregon. Some places in AZ are over $100 for a round...............of course not in summer, but who the hell can play in summer there!

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Takes $26 just in balls to play this course with all the obstructions. Once a ball goes into the orchards or weeds, it's a search for about 5 minutes, then start with another ball.

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hey all,
    Just bought a set of clubs on eBay. Look at them and tell me if I did alright. <a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1814219453&amp;ed=1016767303&amp;ssPageName=ADME:B:EOA:US:2>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1814219453&amp;ed=1016767303&amp;ssPageName=ADME:B:EOA:US:2</a>

I live in Eastern Colorado and our courses out here are ....ok.. The problem is the wind. Oh well, makes an easy course a bit more of a challenge.

John

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

almost all the clubs available today are pretty kickass. the technology has trickled down to the consumer level, so you're basically buying the latest, greatest things they had three or four years ago.
    wilson is a major sporting good maker/seller, they pay someone to make those clubs, stamp the 'W' on it, and make a bundle. they'll do you good.
    i bought some dunlop clubs at wal-mart (because i used to run dunlop tires on my RZ. what that had to do with golf, i don't know...) right before tiger hit big. i had played a little, but i finally bought my own set. paid a hair over $75, out the door.
    they got ripped off a couple of years ago, and i replaced them with another set of dunlops, from wal-mart, that were the same, but three or five years' difference, and they cost me two hundred freaking dollars!
    oh, and most people who borrow my clubs like them a lot. even if they own the three-thousand-dollar club du jour. i'm sure the wilsons will be the same.
    grab an alien for your short game, and a beer swivel and your set!