Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GOLF

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I played for the second time in my life today. and I think I may have broke a record in loosing golf balls in all I lost 26 balls in 18 holes. and in the 18 holes in which I lost those balls I lost my temper about 36 times. yup I am so glad I made the other people that went look like pro's.
    How can people afford that game I went to today and spent about $75 $31 just to play,$20 for balls,$11 for the cart,and the rest on beer and Ice. so which leads my to the conclusion that I HATE GOLF /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

And ya gotta wear those freakin' Khaki Docker shorts w/ white ankle spankers and a shirt with a lizard on it...Proud to say I have Never owned a pair of Dockers or played golf...Cowpasture Pool... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

And you wonder why they call golf "the relaxing gentlemans game". /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have to chime in on this one. I'm a golfer and really enjoy the "sport" (can be debated but that's another topic). Yea, it sure as heck can be frustrating, but when it all comes together and you catch the ball flush and it flies straight as an arrow, it's a pretty awesome feeling that keeps you coming back.

I agree that it is too expensive. The way they make courses today and the places that they put them make it impossible for someone to walk the course and save a little cash. Plus, they always put up some fancy clubhouse and crap so you know you're paying for a part of that w/ every greens fee. I wish they would build more walker-friendly courses w/ just a small "shack" to check in, pay, and pick up a snack or drink -- nothing fancy. I think they have some courses like this out in Nebraska, SD, Kansas -- wish they had some around here. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Trued golf corses here in SD, but the prarie-dog moved into the holes.

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

a la CaddyShack?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

They do have some nice and cheaper golf courses here in Kans-Ass. My father-in-law plays everyday after work and goes to courses out of towns frequently to play.

I used to golf back when I was younger. Still have my clubs, etc. Just got tired of chasing the dang ball all the time. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    all I lost 26 balls in 18 holes.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Geez dude, you suck. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I actually love playing. I lose a few balls, but I got smart. Wal-Mart sells used balls, $9 for a dozen. Now the course that I usually played at was like $10, but then some guy bought it and is totally redoing the course, so the fees went up.

Got to remember, your ought there to have fun. Plus, where else can you drink and off-road someone else's piece of junk? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

walker-friendly courses w/ just a small "shack" to check in, pay, and pick up a snack or drink -- nothing fancy. I think they have some courses like this out in Nebraska, SD,

[/ QUOTE ]

This describes most of the courses in my area. No dress code (read:shorts and tank top), and during the week and later in the day on weekends you can get 18 in for around 10 bucks, 17 with a cart. Balls are still pricey, but a lot of the courses are pretty wide open and not all that difficult. Good thing, too, cuz I am not too great! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

That's why GOLF is the hardest,and most skilled sport IMHO!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

In my eyes, I can't figure out what the fascination is in golf... A sport in which you take a ball, hit it a distance away and then go fetch it... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I'd much rather see all that land go for a worth while purpose... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif But then again that's just my humble opinion...

I just can't figure out what the fascination is with it, I've tried it a couple times, and same results the whole time, no playing fetch for the Sandman... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

*Note the above post is in no way expected to be the views of anybody else and is intended to be at least somewhat amusing...

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yeah yer right about hitting it perfect and it just soars and lands perfect. it just looks awesome and feels awesome. but then the shot after that ya shank it into the water and rage just comes back to ya and you get even more pissy. lol. and ya don't have a dress code here cept for our country club and our other good course. i like golf at times. i played for high school but sucked at it. lol. shoot i didn't care what i wore. sometimes i was too lazy to take a pair of clothes and play in school clothes which was usually a shirt, blue jeans, and my wolverines. lol. that was odd. lol. later.

jacob

13. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I like the "sport" of the game ...It can be a pain in the ass to chase them golf balls around,but it is very rewarding like what was said earlier when you hit one straight and to the spot it feels good..

Also where else can you drive the golf cart into the water....Ups did I say that...mike

14. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

the course I went to does not have a dress code *i think*
    I went wearing some cut of urban camo shorts,a t shirt and a desert camo boonie hat. but now that I think about it everyone that was golfing old and young alike were dress like tiger woods /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

15. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

the only reason I lost so many was due to the temper. I lost one in the water then I lost another in the water, then I lost another and another and anoter. so afer about 6 or 7 I got pissed and quit that hole and moved on to the next and guess what, trees everywhere and then the process started all over again. so I think if I could be *a little less irritated* when I hit the water,trees,sand, and other golfers. I could actully be a little better at it. But I would be willing to betI never find out /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Cowpasture Pool...

[/ QUOTE ] LOL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Hey Sandy,

there is no feeling like hitting a ball 300+ yards straight down the pipe, then following it up with a nice wedge shot 2 feet away from the pin.....

I play a couple times a week and have to say it is THE HARDEST SPORT to learn....very humbling!

Later

18. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I don't mind going to the driving range or miniature golf... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I do those on occasion... Just can't get into all the hitting and walking long distances and hitting again... Driving range seems ok to me since there's less walking involved between the hitting, keeps my attn up I guess, plus it's fun to hit at the little cart they drive around the driving range to sweep up the balls... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Plus I'm way too cheap to get cart, etc... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif And for some odd reason I doubt they'd appreciate me usin' my 79 'burb as a golf cart /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

19. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A few of my own golf tips...... drink beer, leave the golf card at the pro shop, drink beer and obey the "dick out" rule. I done THAT enuff to play better.