Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

golfcart

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86chevybanshee, Nov 28, 2004.

1. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

a friend and I bought a yamaha golf cart to screw around with. i was just wondering if anyone knows how to make it faster or how to make a lift kit for it

2. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

on most golfcarts you can flip the motor so that reverse and forward are swapped because reverse usually runs faster in golf carts as far as lifts i think some companies make kits...

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    on most golfcarts you can flip the motor so that reverse and forward are swapped because reverse usually runs faster in golf carts as far as lifts i think some companies make kits...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

www.buggiesunlimited.net

i found that a while back when i still thought my 81 club car was the ultimate offroad vehicle. yea, thats right, youre talkin to the kid that buried a golf cart a 1/4 mile out in a marsh. what an einstein i was....but i digress. that website has just about anything you'd ever want for a golf cart /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

jacked up golf carts and mules are the ticket for upland bird hunting in texas and the rest of the flat states. use less gass than a "quail outfitted" truck or jeep with the high seat/platform. my friend just bought one for his ranch to move his father around in. plus the old willy's is toast. he really likes it.

6. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

if the front end is anything like the club car we have, all you really need to do is flip the spindles.
    ok let me try to explain what i mean.
    As it was stock, the lower A arm was the leaf spring, the upper arm was a regular a arm. What I was able to do was take the spindle apart, switching the mounts so that the leaf spring is now acting as the upper a arm. The old upper is now the lower with a custom mount for it. These prob raised it a good 6 inches. The back we just did a spring over.

As far as making it faster, only go down hills.

7. 86chevybanshee

the front has coilovers, so far we added a 3000lb winch, camo paint job, and 22 inch quad tires /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif.

ill have to get some pics of it, the things a riot

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

9. 86chevybanshee

i was hoping to find a fullsize chevy truck body /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

11. 78GMC1/2TON4x4

78GMC1/2TON4x4 1/2 ton status

When i went ridding at the coast once i saw a golf cart that was heavily moddified go screaming by me...it would have given my 250R a good run. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

when just lifting golf carts isnt enough, these guys build long travel (14"+) systems for karts
    http://www.sdhqoffroad.com/
    click on "trucks by SDHQ" at the top of the home page then scroll down to "golf karts"

13. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    when just lifting golf carts isnt enough, these guys build long travel (14"+) systems for karts
    http://www.sdhqoffroad.com/
    click on "trucks by SDHQ" at the top of the home page then scroll down to "golf karts"

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    The only prob I see with that is that there is no way that would fit inbetween the post on the bike paths around here. Then how are we supposed to get to the bar?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. elacruze

elacruze 1/2 ton status

I worked at a golf course in '92, so if yours is the same as that vintage, it works like this-the governor has two arms (iirc) which are easily accessable above the motor with a screw to adjust. Take a cable tie and zip that sucker back-I don't remember exactly where but it'll be obvious when you see it. It'll run about 20mph like that, and they have a rev limiter built into the electronic ignition so you absoulutely can't blow them up-we tried.