Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gone to the SEMA show

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Stephen, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We're leaving this afternoon and will be gone thursday and friday so I won't be posting for a few days. Just letting you know.

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ah man, I just got back from there, wish I would have known you were going. Would have been fun to meet my hero /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also would have given me more chances to beg for green sheet metal /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

OMG yall were here in my town (vegas) and i never knew about it!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. willyswanter

Yeah, no kidding, I think Steve Fox was at SEMA too... And he is another guy I didn't know was going until after I got back /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Stephen

Heck, it would have been nice to meet everyone but we barely had time to do the show as it was. That place is incredible. We thought we could do what we needed in 2 days and we just barely got it done. Of course we ended up changing the clutch out in our crewcab in the parking lot so that took some time away from what we were supposed to do.

6. willyswanter

Where were you staying? I would have come over and at least held a flashlight or something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

7. Stephen

Circus Circus. It was about as nice as working in our shop. More wind but better light and a nice even floor surface.

8. willyswanter

I was over at the Excalibur. We stayed at Circus Circus last year though. And I hear you on the wind, it was getting pretty nuts on friday. The news was predicting 70mph gusts! Our flight was delayed over an hour because it couldn't take off from San Francisco because of the rain and fog, then it was delayed landing at vegas because of the wind. Once we finally took off from vegas we got delayed landing at LAX because of the fog /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

Did you notice the not so great smell in the middle building at the convention center? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Reaked for a day and a half at that place...

Oh, and I got the bushings today, thanks for the quick shipment as usual /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Stephen

Didn't get to spend much time in the middle, was mostly in the "truck" section. I think we need another day to do the show right, 2 days is not enough.