Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna be up in SLC in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jimmyjack, May 22, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I've never been to SLC in the summer time. What's there to do? I'm going to be in Sandy so I figured a day in Little Cotton Wood Canyon. We're going to my nephews HS graduation. Maybe there'll be some snow left, I can do some summer skiing!

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

norht of Salt lake, there's `Lagoon' a rollercoaster park/amusement park with lots of family fun stuff there. to the south, there's `thanksgiving point' near `point of the mountain' which I've never been to, but have passed by several times...

Kenecott Copper mine ( bingham open pit is the other name) is a fun place with giant monsterous dumptrucks, and shovels that can lift like 20 tons of dirt/ore in a signle scoop... 3 or 4 scoops, and the dumptruck is full. I thought it was cool, cause when I was a kid, my dad was the tallest thing ever, until he stood inside the rim of one of these dumptrucks, and didn't even hit his head on the top of the rim..

cottonwood canyon is a fun place, glad you mentiond it already,

Trolly square in downtown salt lake is kinda nifty, although its more a mall now then anything... if you want to see the scariest single mormon building on the face of the planet, go to temple square, and look at the new `great meeting hall' that they constructed... seats an obscene number of people(I want to say 60,000 or 200,000, but don't remember/don't care to remember), wihtout a single support pillar in the seating area to impede the stage view... did I mention it takes up 2 or 3 city blocks?

thats most of the big stuff that comes to mind....

-Rich

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

We've been to Temple Square a few times. It's a pretty awesome place, no doubt. We're gonna visit with my sis in law a little more than I want to but oh well........Thanks for the tips.

4. ZuluNashun

ZuluNashun Registered Member

Go rent the movie SLC Punk. That will give you a good idea of how much boring stuff there is to do up here. I think Snowbird is still open for atleast another month. Do a little rock garden skiing. They probably just got a foot of snow or more.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I went wheeling and found snow just above Bountiful last weekend. I bet there's lots left higher up. Even some new snow last night.