Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna blow more stuff up today.... :D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, May 20, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Well, no produce destruction. I've gotta teach gofergurl how to shoot a shotgun, and also teach improper-technique-boy (see "How not to shoot...") how to properly shoot, and sight in my new 357 mag ;)

Just gonna be using paper targets for the 357, and clays for the shotguns.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i really like the 357 mag. Its sort of like the .270 of hanguns.... very versatile. You can fire wheeny light ammo from it for training... or you can run the super-hot handloads where the flame coming out the barrel lights the bad guys hair on fire. :grin:

Back in the day I went to the range with my dad. He brought a 45 auto, 25 auto, 357 mag, 41 mag and 44mag. We had more ammo for 357 that anything else, so I shot it more than the others. I went through a box of 50 pretty tame handloads and my dad handed me a different box. He said "son, these might be a little hotter of a load". I say, "ok, no problem" and load the gun up. First round was a definite eye opener.... lol! :yikes:

j

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

When I introduce someone to my 1911, the first 4 rounds are tame hardball. The last 3 are some +P+ LEO that I have laying around. You should see the looks on their faces when they get to #5 round.;)

4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I love trap shooting! What kinda shot gun?

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Benelli Nova

Didn't get to do any shooting at all today... the wildlife area I was going to set up at for target practice had 50 bajillion people fishing. So then I drove to some commercial trap ranges, no one was there. Then I tried to get to an indoor pistol range, and it was closed.

Tomorrow though, I will at least hit up the pistol range.