Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna do a D60 swap... brake lines?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, Dec 13, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, yeah, I know, I searched. Came up empty.

So now I'm asking, what's usable for brake lines? I've got some Pro Comp extended brake lines in there now, but they're for the Dana 44. From what I can find, 10b and D60 lines are interchangeable, but D44 lines are unique. Is that right? I've also heard of people drilling out the fitting for a larger banjo bolt, but I don't know which lines take what size and which one is bigger. If I have to get another set of lines, I don't want to buy some expensive aftermarket parts. Is there a line for a C20 or something that works with a D60? Or are those all for guys with D44's?

Or would these work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Superlift-Rubber-Brake-Hose-Chevy-1987-91-Part-89365_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33561QQitemZ7985724233

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check the post yer part number thread. I remember seeing the part number for extended front brake lines from Napa. That's what I used for my 8" lift and they have worked perfectly.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Not really what I'm asking, I found that already. It mentions that it's for 10-bolts and says it can be modified to fit D44's. Doesn't say anything specific about how it's modified, or if it will work with a D60.

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My bad... If it helps, those lines for the 10 bolt are the ones that I used on my 60.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

That does help, thanks.:D So anyone know if those superlift ones I posted would work? Sure is a good price...

6. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

they will bolt right up.

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

So I'm guessing that the old dana 44 ones are the only ones that are different, and all the others are the same? Did some more searching, are the 10b and D60 ones 10mm banjo bolts, and the D44 ones 7/16? In which case I could drill out the 10b/D60 ones to fit a D44, but I can't reuse my D44 ones on my D60. I guess I'll make an order for those scratch and dent superlift lines. Those should be plenty long.

8. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My blazer has had 10bolts and a 44 front before and now it has a 60 with the same pro comp lines.

9. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hmm, I wonder what all this talk about drilling brake lines is about.:crazy: