Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna go Desert camo, what three colors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lotsa_Faith, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have the paint codes for the three colors they used to do this to the M1009's? I don't want to buy the original paint cause they want to sell 2 gallons for 90 bucks, and my boss at the body shop can get it for a whole lot cheaper.

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

They only used one color for the desert color...

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yep, according to the story I got, my M1009 was in Kuwait. It was just one color - tan.

The paint they used as CARC. Tough stuff. You hit tree and it'll damage the tree. Nasty stuff, too.

4. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Yea i know they used CARC thats what I got on it right now, but i was thinking of switching up the colors and using like a similar light tan and another darker one then like a brown, cause theres 2 more cucv's in town and i always get phonecalls from friends who think its me. Does anyone know a paint code for a tan similar to the one they used?

5. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I posted this not more than a week ago in a thread concerning CARC paint but here we go again its everything you could ever want to know about camo. www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_camo_carc.php The only thing I have ever seen using three color desert are Marine helicopters but there are paint codes on this site so you can have the colors mixed by whoever

6. CheyenneKid

CheyenneKid Registered Member

Pattern, not color

I saw the "official" pattern for GI camo somewhere on a cucv site, where you use an overhead projector to put the transparency on your rig, and spray away! Search cucv sites and you should find it quick.
    my $0.02.