Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna go to Gardner Caynon this weekend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Erich_in_AZ, May 6, 2002.

1. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

We are going to go camping this weekend at Garnder Canyon. No campfires allowed, but WTH. It's time to get a little saddle time on the CR250 I just bought, and maybe some mellow wheeling as well. If anyone wants to meet up out there, let me know.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My rear diff is leaking like a seive and my tie rod is bent like spaghetti but sounds like a good time. I'd like to get my 350x running, whattaya know about mikuni carbs? Prolly won't camp but we'll hang for awhile. Have you been to Rosemont Junction at all? Fun there too.

3. Erich_in_AZ

Man, I haven't messed with a Mikuni in years, but if you want to play around with it, I'm game!
    Where is your diff leaking from?

And finally, I haven't been to Rosemont Junction. Where's it at?
    Maybe I will post something in the AZ forum. I started out just making an off-topic statement, but then that turned in to what I ended up posting... Go figure.. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's an 85 so I assume it's a Mikuni carb! My diff is leaking from the bottom of the cover. It got curled up and hammered back a few times so it needs to be resealed. Rosemont is quite a few more miles closer than Gardener. As your going towards Gardener it's on your right. Do you know where the steel ramada is? It's about 50 yds past that, theres even a sign. It's a very nice place.

5. Erich_in_AZ

I just got done fixing the leak on my rear diff from peeling it back on a rock. Did I tell you i finally got the BIG oil leak fixed? It was the brass fitting at the oil pressure sender. Apperantly cracked, 'cuz when I wiggled it, it broke off in my hand. Oops.

I had never really noticed the ramada, but I'll keep an eye open for it.

So I see Marv shares my taste for Bud Light huh? And after the names you called me....

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I know, I'm rotten huh? If you want some of Marv's bud light..... Do you know much about shock rebuilds?

7. Erich_in_AZ

Nope, but I'm not afraid to learn... As long as it's your shock that is... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I honestly know very little about dirt bikes/ATV's any more. I used to be really in to them when I was younger, but I seem to have forgotten a lot. It does seem to be coming back as I get around it though.