Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gonna have to fire the cat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Oct 20, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Damn cat brought a mouse into the house last night when I let him in. It was dark and I didn't notice. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It would have been tolerable if the mouse was dead, or at least maimed in some way to limit it's mobility. Not our cat though, I guess he wanted a pet of his very own...

This morning my wife notices the cat is guarding something and finds there is a mouse trapped between an old entertainment unit and the wall. So of course she freaks out and get's me up to take care of it.

Like the brave hunter/gatherer I am I scoped out the situation...then had the bright idea I could snag it with our fish net (aquarium net). So we move a few things out of the way..including the cat, and the mouse makes a break for it. Here I am, standing barefoot, in my underwear, not wearing my glasses, and haven't even had time to take a morning whiz yet...

Seeing the furry little guy move so quick startled me a bit and I missed him with the net of doom. He runs right over my bare feet and heads for the living room while my wife and daughters are shreiking and laughing at my ineptitude. As soon as I felt him go over my feet I kinda sorta made little school girl noises too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif then went and put my damn shoes on.

So the mouse is booking it for cover somewhere in the living room and runs right into our other cat...face to face. I'm thinking it's over at this point. Nope the second cat freaks out at the same time the mouse did and they each turned tail on each other. The second cat heads upstairs to hide...the mouse ends up under the couch.

So, I lift the couch and tried to get my daughter to corral it with a box...but she was too scared to get close enough and ended up chasing it under the love seat. <sigh>

I lift the love seat and it takes off again and heads for the one place I cannot get to it...under the huge 400 lb entertainment unit in the living room. A little back and forth tag from one side to the other and the mouse discovered it could hide sucessfully underneath.

Damn.

Time to re-group...I decide to get dressed and take care of some much needed business in the bathroom, grabbed a coffee and headed to the hardware store.

Bought two re-usable traps (not the wood kind) and baited them with peanut butter...set one at each end of the entertainment unit and figured he'd get hungry enough sooner or later. Dumb mouse...I didn't particularly want to kill him, but he left me no choice.

All day long we've been waiting for the trap to snap shut on our speedy prey...and about 5 minutes ago it finally did. His last meal was peanut butter...

God I love weekends! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As soon as I felt him go over my feet I kinda sorta made little school girl noises too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif then went and put my damn shoes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Thanks..now I'm cleaning animal crackers off the keyboard and monitor /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    As soon as I felt him go over my feet I kinda sorta made little school girl noises too then went and put my damn shoes on.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks..now I'm cleaning animal crackers off the keyboard and monitor

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Yep, snorted a soda thru my nose. Thanks Rene. It's how I'll remember you most often /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. tRustyK5

Ever had a mouse scurry over your bare feet? Kinda creepy...plus my feet are pretty ticklish anyways /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyways, I'm not ashamed to admit that mice aren't my favorite creature on the planet...and anything I can do to promote the nasal effusion of soda and crackers onto unsuspecting monitors and keyboards is good right? At the very least it lets me know you find my story amusing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i kinda gigled when i read that part too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, i want to light your cat on fire to...
    OH< fire the cat...
    sorry....
    Grant

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is to funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Just picturing a guy in his underwear (ahhhh /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) bad thought..hopping around letting out a girlish scream while his wife and children watched the big bad mouse run over his feet made me cough with a mouth full of crackers..
    I'm laughing about it all over as I type this /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifeven worse when i was younger i stepped on mouse in my bastment while it was still alive on the sticky pad...and it stuck to my foot...i screamed like a lil girl..good story tho /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Great Story Rene! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I pictured every aspect while reading it... Now I have to clean up the coffee on my keyboard..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thats some funny junk Rene! We had a couple similar run-ins last year... MY DOG used to collect the little furry dragsters too! (they sure are FAST aren't they?)

Glad it was you out there, and not me... but I remember getting ripped on by the wife some about freaking after one of the little bastards charged me in my own kitchen.

Next time, go out with a hockey stick and wait for that lil bastard to come out... and then go for the 100MPH slapshot! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Next time, go out with a hockey stick and wait for that lil bastard to come out... and then go for the 100MPH slapshot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be almost fun...in a cruel and sick sorta way./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They sure are fast little 'dragsters'...caught me by surprise for sure.

Rene

16. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif bahahahahahha

17. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I worked on a farm as a kid and when we moved the hog feeders every year I got the job of chasing down the rats with a shovel. Of course those are slower after getting fat on the hog feed all year...

18. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Damn Rene I needed a good laugh like that! I was laughing so hard I couldnt hardly read it to Sandi. I had to read the whole thing thru THEN go back and read it to her STILL laughing!

Definately good reading. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Cut the cat's daily food allotment in half and I garauntee he'll start eating them instead of playing with them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif