Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

...gonna try to put motor in tonight...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, Im gonna try to put my motor/tranny in my "new" 1980 Jimmy tonight. I pulled the old one out w/ the motor/tranny together and I am gonna try to put this one in that way. The 205 case is still in there so I am going to try to slide the combo in and hook it up w/o dropping the tcase out. I have a shale floor in my garage /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so needless to say the hoist doesn't roll very well! I put down some wood but it is still pretty hard to push that hoist by yourself w/ that much weight on it. I guess I will find out in about 3 or 4 hours if it will work on not!

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Sorry i couldnt help you tonight big guy. Ill get ahold of you later this week. Cant do it sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Thats cool. I was working on it last night and got bit by a spider. It pissed me off and my leg swelled up so I went inside. Worst thing about that was that I couldn't even find the little Fu$%er to make sure that I killed him while I was flailing away at my pant leg!

4. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

Boys boys boys.... I've put engines in with a come along on a dirt floor 3 sheets to the wind while killing spiders with an improvised flame thrower consisting of a can of brake cleaner and a Bic lighter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It was a serious dog and pony show!!

No wonder White Rhino wasn't answering his e-mail... He's busy not putting in engines...

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Ouch, that hurt! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Let me guess, did you have to walk to school 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways w/ newspaper wrapped around your feet cause you didn't have shoes... and on and on and on and on...

6. white-rhyno

ya know pooh... im deathly afraid of spiders. Im almost as scared of spiders as meeting your mother in law. hehe J/K

7. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I walked uphill to school both ways AND... My mother wears combat boots, but only in the winter when the snow gets too deep for newspaper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pooh. You could get even with Brad soon... I got a sneaking hunch he'll be putting in an engine soon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...and I have a sneaking hunch it will probably be the 4bolt main virgin 010 block that is sitting in my shop right now...

9. white-rhyno

shhh thats my secret weapon pooh. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a motor that doesn't burn oil and runs on all eight
    (one more day till the swap meet)