Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good aftermarket seats for DD?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I already asked about seats out of a newer chevy truck to put in my 79. But everywhere I look everyone want a ton of money for them, like they are rare or something.

So what I figured is that if I am going to spend THAT much money for a set, I might as well buy a set of better seats for it.

Something that is comfortable for a DD, even on long trips and provides some sort of moving room. Also may offer colors to match the inside prefereably.

So if anyone knows of other companies, I already checked out mastercraft and the one in the product review on this site.

THanks!

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

How "fat-ass friendly" do you want the replacement seats? Some of the aftermarkets are restricted to those that are narrow of waist and tail.

3. trialanderror

trialanderror Registered Member

I got some good 1's that came outy of a furd focus. made some brackets and they are really comfortable.

4. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Well I am a husky guy, not fat, just buillt big. I would like to be moveable in them. I sat in some sparco seats before and they were tight. I know they are made to hold you in place. So nothing like that, I'm not drifting my k-5.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i've been getting ready to do this and have been researching for awhile now...

i was set on some Beards.. badass seats, can't be beat imo... but they run 7 to 800 a pair minimum...

after checking Mastercrafts, Corbeau, etc, i've decided to go with the PRP's. the prices are outstanding and have a similar styling to Beards... the premier highbacks are 190 a piece.. fair amount of colors and options available too.. haven't checked with PRP, but i do know Beards are available in wider widths under the options..

6. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I ordered some PRP seats from a vendor on Pirate. The seats will be here tomorrow and read to go into the cage.

Comp high backs, I ordered them just like the UAV check here http://coloradok5.com/prpseats.shtml

I would definately recommend PRP, Mastercraft, Beard or Corbeau.

Mastercraft has a really nice new reclinable suspension seat, big $$$

Jesse