Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good... and bad customer service...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Dec 30, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah it's long... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My glasses broke yesterday so I took em to Lens Crafters where I got em today to have them fixed. The lady looking at em says oh this is obvious the break was caused by the weld in the frame failing so it's something we will replace because of a manfacturing error.

I say great and pull out my warrenty. The lady looks at me funny says oh sorry your warrenty has passed. I was like wtf? It expired she said- I bought it 12/29/01 and it was for 1 year. The reciept for my glasses said I picked them up on 12/31/01. I had ordered them on 12/29/01 but the lens type I wanted (feather weight coated) was out of stock so it couldn't be 1 hour. I paid the 29th and picked it up the 31st. Says all this on the receipt and they wouldn't help me. I talked to a manager and she basically blew me off.

I leave because I was about the kill the idiot sales girl who said well if only you'd come in yesterday, next time you'll know... and walk to the other end of the mall to Pearl Vision. I hand over my glasses to the girl and explain the deal. She says well I can't warrenty you but we can see if we have frames to fit those lenses and give you a discount.

She goes through like a hundred pairs for over an half an hour. They don't... so I simply bite the bullet and order a new pair. I needed new ones anyhow and was gonna wait a few more weeks for my insurance to cover it but I have to see. She tells me see ya in hour while they make em so I go shopping best I could blindly!

So after an hour I come back and they are done. I go to pay the girl called my insurance because she looked up something on my prescription about who they are and explained the deal. They agreed to let me get my glasses early. Not only did she do that she got like another $75 knocked off the price for me. I ended up paying like $65 for them which is great since they were going to cost me almost $300.

Anyhow I was so impressed with the service and the way they treated me I thought it was worth a mention because I know I'm not alone in wearing glasses here. I'd thought I'd let people know Lens Crafters has crap customer service and it rude and doesn't stand by their products. I will never be back. Pearl Vision not only helped me out they went above what they had to do. I was impressed to actually encounter a place they acted like the customer mattered. I have to say /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif to them! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

And they wonder why they lose customers and go out of business.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My wife works at a commercial optical lab...I get great customer service./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Get me da hook up then foo... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hate to say it...but I've got 20/20 vision!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

My eye Dr. is way cool. When I bought my son's glasses, they came with a 1 year warranty. My Dr. told me that everything is covered except theft or losing them. He TOLD ME that on day # 364 i SHOULD TAKE HIS GLASSES AND RUN THEM OVER WITH A LAWN MOWER. (I never did, but I think they would have been covered,)

Now my son has these high dollar Nike frames with the flexible metal. They are cool.

Hey Steph, check out this site. for some funny stories on customer service.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I tried lens crafters once when I needed a new contact immediately, they wouldn't help me out at all. Pearl would've helped me out, but they didn't have my prescription in stock. Plus, my aunt worked for Pearl...