Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good bearing grease?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Oct 6, 2005.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I'm currently using red'n tacky from Lucas. What do you guys reccomend for a good wheel bearing grease? I've been thinking about using Lucas' Xduty grease.

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I use Redline CV Joint Grease. I have not had any bearing issues since I started using it. I did have problems b4 with several different greases. The worst was with boat trailer wheel bearing grease.

3. darenofears

darenofears Registered Member

Kendall ultra blue or if its not ultra blue then its super blue, I always forget

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

My friend used wheel bearing for trailer on his ramcharger and it overheated and the inner wheelbearing got so hot it seized onto the spindle. He had to take a grinder and go right through the hub. So lesson learned, used grease that is made for disc/drum brake use!

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I use Mobil 1 synthetic grease for everything.. Trucks, cars, trailers. Works great for me.

John

6. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

The grease praised by the porsche club down in SA is made by swepco. I used it on my old 944 CV's, wheel bearings, pretty much anything needing lube. It is great stuff. A friend from the Porsche club drives 18-wheelers and races a 911 in the SCCA. He swears by swepco lube and motor oil, which he purchases for his big rig and for his race cars. I don't know if any of the vendors sell it, but the place I used to buy it is called Paragon Products.

http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/swepco101.htm

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i use castrol's grease, its pecuilar because it has a minty smell to it.

8. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

I have a weirdo german can of lube (i think it's a gallon of it) -- my friend gave me it, no idea what it's called since it's written in german. but it's high temp, and never comes off of anything. I don't know if that's good or bad, but i've never had problems with it. I'll try to get the name of it later on.