Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good buy?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by firefighter184, Mar 30, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Guy down the street is sellinf an 87 Burb, 350/700R4, 6inch lift, 35" muds (new looking). Asking $3600.00. My wife might want it. Good deal?

2. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Depends on body condition and engine mileage, if body is good, and mileage not over 120,00 then I say its a fair price. If rusty, or higher mileage I would offer less. Just my .02

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I just paid $2500 for an 89 GMC Burb w/ a Smitty Conversion on fairly new 245x75x15s. No lift, just super clean. I plan on bringing it to the M&G in April in Denver. If it's in good shape in & out, I'd say go even with closer to 200K miles. It seems easier to deal with engine problems than body/condition problems to me; however, that's just my opinion.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I'd say it's pretty close to being fair, i'm not going to say what i'm getting raped for on mine though. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. firefighter184

Thinking about offering $3000.00. Gotta try and scare up the dough first. Might have to sell her Pathfinder first.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Hell i bet if you walked up to them with $3000 cash in hand they'd take it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. firefighter184

Wanna but a Pathfinder? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

uuum, NOPE

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thinking about offering $3000.00. Gotta try and scare up the dough first. Might have to sell her Pathfinder first.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has it been for sale? If over 2 weeks I would look it over really good, drive it for 25-30 minutes, look it over really good a second time... Offer the $2200 cash by writing it down on a piece of paper with your phone #. Tell them to think it over and go home. They will be calling you the next day 4 out of 5 times. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Offer the $2200 cash by writing it down on a piece of paper with your phone #. Tell them to think it over and go home. They will be calling you the next day 4 out of 5 times. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings back memories.
    I had a guy call from a cell phone. Was looking a subs and said he drove a few hours only too find out the one he looked at was junk. Called on mine which was in the area. Asked for my rock bottom, cash price. I gave it to him with all details of truck, as it was, no B.S.

Drove 1/2 hour to meet him at Meijers near highway. Went for test ride with him(sure as heck not going alone!). Then he comes up with the ole $400 less than agreed to price over the phone, I say no deal. Then $200 less, still no, so now the line of "well I came up $200 you could atleast come down the same amount".

Bottom price is bottom price, at that point he could have offered me full price and I would have told him to get screwed. Freakin low ballers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

I did like the "your gonna turn down a sale for $200?" So I's told him "your gonna pass on a sale for $200?" That shut him up.
    BTW, it did sell for more than I offered it to him for.

11. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Freakin low ballers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling. There are alot of (i'm not putting anyone down, just stating a fact) hispanic migrant workers around here and ever time I sell a vehicle I have to put a price of double what I want for it cause they offer half, and have all of their buddies keep stopping by twice a day offering half of the asking price. Just drives me nuts, but I've learned to deal with them. Now they think their getting a deal.

12. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

You think you've got it bad?!?!?! Try living in northern mexico... I put a 62 Ford F350 in the paper awhile back for $500. DONT EVER DO THAT!!!!! I had so many lowballers call me that I started to get pissed off when I got a call about it. One person called me at 4:30 in the MORNING /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I didnt call them back... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Another woman called me and began speaking to me in spanish /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I hung up on her... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I finally sold it much to my relief for $500...