Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Bye......For a Little While

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BurbLover, Oct 21, 2005.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Due to my move this weekend, I need to disconnect my cable modem & return it to Adelphia, along with my cable box. So, I probably won't be on for at least a few days. Moving to Tucson and my brother has wireless at his house, so once I get settled in a bit, I'll be sure to check back.

Wish me luck on my trip. To make it easier, I sold almost all my furniture & appliances. On the other hand, I kept ALL my tools and even acquired a welder & some other stuff in trade? You can never have enough guns or tools!! :thumb: :grind: :weld: :hack:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Miss ya already, post some photos of yer move! ;)

3. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Good luck with your trip!! :D

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

No digital camera. That went back to my employer yesterday. I plan on getting one in the next few weeks now.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ya can get a disposable and get a digital CD from the developer, say, Wally-Mart!

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Have a safe trip , and look us up when ya get settled in :D

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Have a safe trip, Mark! Moving sucks, but sounds like you didi it the right way. :D

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Got in Sat afternoon. About 20 miles North of Hatch NM, my fuse tank switch wouldn't work. This forced me to stop in Hatch to fill up. When I stopped, I notice a problem coming from my engine bay. Upon raising my hood, I notice the a problem with my A/C compressor, which I had not been running. I shut off the truck & went to the bathroom. Cane back and tried to start up the truck to see what was going on. The compressor bearings seized up, started smoking, so I shut it down again. Had to start it back up to drive about 1 mile to get to Carquest. On the way there, the power stearing & brakes went away. So, you guessed it, my belt broke.

This delevoped into a bigger issue. You see, in the middle of nowhere, parts become an issue. Since the closest a/c compressor was about an hr away and no way to get it I needed to find a different way to get on the raod. Since I didn't need A/C, I figured I'd just get a belt for a 96 PSD w/o a A/C. Well, according to the computer at CarQuest, that wasn't an option. So, to find a belt that'll work. After three tries, I found a 6 rib belt (original was 8-rib) that was the right lenght w/o the a/c and would still work. Then checked the fuse panel and found a busted fuse for the tank issue. At that was a simple fix.

So, after an hr delay, I headed back out for Tucson. Got to my brothers around about 1430. Had to finish helping my brother unload his garage, unload my extremely overloaded trailer, and reorganize the garage.

Mostly done except for another trip back & forth in two weeks to get the rest of everything.

Anyway, I'm ready for another nap :wink1:

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So are you back online for good now?

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

AT least until my membership expires this month :D I need to get settled in & still need to get my house back in Co on the market & sold. I've got two contractors and Rich (fwdjunky) doing some stuff to help me out.

Once it sells, everything will be so smooth & I can start paying some bills off.

11. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

That was a short nap :D

Glad to hear you made it OK. Did you end up selling that soft top? That guy PM'd me like 30 times asking me all sorts of questions :rolleyes:

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Glad you made it. Sorry to see you leave the area but I hope it works out for the best for you.
    It's a pain to move. I've been packing and moving stuff into storage for the past two weeks. My final move out of the ranch will be next weekend.
    Good luck in Tucson!

13. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

WTF?! You moved?! Damn..... I seriously need to start paying better attention to things.....

.....hey, wait.... No more Kegerator! :doah:

Hope you settle in well, I'll miss ya!