Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Bye Good Luck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer72, Jan 31, 2001.

1. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I started to post the dyno sheet but why bother! The part I dont understand is why you all are so fast to jump on some one right or not! At this point it does not matter what it pulls on a dyno or who went to school were! It should be about fun a sharing of thoughts, not to jump some one who does something you never thought of!

This site was fun but in the past few months its gotten out of hand. People calling each other names, calling each other racius (I never have gotten over cutting off the 2 fingers in moab a few years back so its my typing that sucks on top of being a bad speller) It was to befor shairing thoughts mabye selling a few parts that you had and others needed. A guy on the parts list want to know why the Quikair I sold him is not the brandnew one! I'm walking away guys enjoy yours selfs. My first love is and always will be that blue blazer beast! You all are the ones missing out not me.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Ken,

I have been gone since the end of November so am unaware of what's going on. Are you saying that I shouldn't even bother trying to catch up on the posts? Sorry to see ya leave, but the real question is will we see ya at the next K5 run on Easter weekend? Take it easy and keep the rubber side down!

David 75K5
    http://http:www.extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

3. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

just ignore the negative posts and the fighting will stop. But EVERYONE has to ignore them or the sh?t will continue on.

baldbandit

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There has been way too much crap on here lately, but look at all the good posts on the board, and you'll realize that its just a few people that are causing problems and making others not enjoy it as much.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

everyone just needs to be open to new ideas.
    i know i am !!!! im only 16, i need all the info i can get!!!

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you do not need to go away just ignore what you do not like. if you make or respond to a post and someone has a bad coment just let it go no biggy and move on to the next post. with over 1700 people on this board not everyone is going to agree or get along dont let it get you down. there are still a few nice people here lol if you are leaving good luck and try and have fun with the big blue beast

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I haven't seen any post about someone being called a name, just ignore the bad post and post some good ones...

<font color=blue> Taxes are Stealing</font color=blue>

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hey blazer72, Don't say goodbye. Just ignore the crap. I posted one time how to change a fuel pump..Some guy came on and rudly posted that that way doesn't work on some motors. So what, I didn't say it would. I have learned threw life expreinces. That most people that have to spout out about how many BA'S they have are insecure little minded people.That have nothing better to do then to put down others.That way it makes them feel bigger or better then everybody else. I have also learned that if you ask them a question in there "field of expertise"they might now the answer, But if you ask them how to adjust your timing.They will stand there picking there nose. I do not have a college degree. But I put my wife threw 6 years of college. If I ask here a question within her "field of experise" she usaully will have a answer. But if I ask her if she's checked the oil in her car latly. I usaully get the responce, Where is the dip stick again. So don't sweet the small stuff, Life is to short to worry about insecure people.
    If I affended anybody, to bad

Become one with nature........Then marinate it

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

If someone steals your radio, will you stop listening to music forever? I don't think so. This site has lots of good stuff. To prove it, just write a new post asking how to do something. No matter how simple or complex, no matter how stupid you think the question is, I'm sure, I'm positive someone will help you out. Because we've all been there. We all had to learn sometime, and we all know how a simple problem can make you feel in hell.

I know that there are posts here that make you wanna kill the author, but such is life. You'll find this kind of people EVERYWHERE, at the job, at school, on the street, on McDonalds, etc. Not only in CK5.com. But such is life and we have to live through that.

Now please, reply to us and tell us you're not leaving.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey man, fact of life: When you get together a crowd of people, no matter why, there'll always be assholes. You've just got to overlook those people. I haven't seen the post in question, nor have I been spending much time on here lately. But I've seen you around for a while, and I think it'd be a shame to see you leave. We need more knowledgable folks and true grit fourwheelers like you seem to be. Hope you come and read these replies to that post and you'll see it as positive feedback and decide to stay.

Good luck in whatever you decide,
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

11. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

[​IMG]Hey,
    I just got back on the boards after a couple of months, seems like i just stepped into some sh1t. havent seen any seriousflame wars here before. heres my $.02 on this board. One thing it think is really cool about CK5 is that everybody is/was really cool to newbies and always willing to help a brother out. i mean people are going to disagree, it is natural, and there will be a few @sshol3s, but on the most part this site has kept a really mellow community feel. I think its good to get this stuff out in the open, but man, if this stuff is gonna keep on goin, steve might have to make a forum just for sh1t talkin [​IMG]

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

We are starting to get a ton of traffic now and these things happen, you have to be thick skinned. I could have deleted all the negative posts, but you are all grown men and women and shouldn't need me to baby sit, but maybe I do. I get complaints all the time about this and that and after a while it gets old, after all we are here to talk about Blazers not each others education or personal behavior, I try to sit back and let people express them self's, but then people get upset about that, so not sure what to do, only that I don't enjoy it that much anymore.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

13. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

people u guys gotta understand this is soppose to be somthing that is done father and son or a just a fun hobby nobody should be gettin mad a each other ,its just a fun project poeple like to do and share with other and swap ideas and i know and yall atta know im only 16 too just like some other people in here im sure and we need all the help we can get form u guys that know anh have more experiance and thats the way it should be then it will just go on generation to genereration.......well thanks for yalls helpins hand threwout the time i have been here u guys have been alot of help and i have found out that yall on colorado k5 are not just people to help me out with my truck but yall are my freinds as well .......thanks alot

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Hay Ken would you quit your job because of a couple of jerks. Sometimes you have to take the bad with all the good.

15. Hay man don't run off.Your posted numbers are just realy hard to believe,I just wanted to see the dyno results because if you realy made that much hp with a 406 I would love to see it.Some went a little to far with the insults about education and such.If I affended you am truely sorry,my e-mail address is bigbad82@yahoo.com.If you dont want to post them just send them to me, I just realy want to see them.If you do leave good luck with what ever you do,if I ever get out that way I'ld love to go wheeling!!! Maybe we can get some of the midwest k5er's to plan a trip to the badlands this summer.

16. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

It's really a shame when when a member of this board who has a lot of knowledge to offer some of us chooses to leave. I read the posts and every thread associated with the original posts. Some of the threads should be framed, they are incredible. It seems to me that the whole mess could have been easily solved by posting the dyno sheet before it deterioated into a name calling contest.

The one thing that should be apparent to everyone that if you post something as fact, you need to back it up.

17. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Ken

I just wanted to say thanks for all the posts that I am sure have helped many K5er's. Good luck and stop by every now and then.

I don't understand the J@#p thing, but I do understand why you are calling it quits.

See Ya Bro,
    Keith

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]

18. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I Challenge you...

Ken,

I challenge you...

I challenge you to look beyond the insults and idiots in the world. I challenge you to be bigger then the little pieces of s#it that clutter the gutters and corners of the dance floor we call life. If you are able to do that, you will see that 99% of CK5 is full of people that want and need your information. With out you, our world will be a smaller place. Don't let those that dislike you make you leave your family. Do as the rest of us do. If it doensn't directly effect you, don't let it affect you. (I may have that backwards, but you get the point). One thing about the internet is everybody is able to pu t their opnions on with out censorship. You have to be the one who decides if you are going to dwell on this stupid moron's opnion about YOUR life. Granted, I don't know what all this is about, but I don't want to see you, you as an asset leave this community.

I'll close with this...

I dare you to remain a friend and colleuge of the CK5 Family & community. Take the good with the bad, and if you see poop, you must be looking in the toilet. See the silver handle?

"I LOVE YOU MAN!!!"

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez</A>

19. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Re: I Challenge you...

Ken,

I may only remember one thing in life that my grandmother has tought me(well maybe her coffee cups, thats where i read it) and that is you have to remember that "life is a bed of roses and you have to watch out for the pricks!" There is no need to leave becouse of a couple people. I read the post with all the nasty replys in it and I think that there were like 20? replys or so. Well if i remember right there's 1700? of us here. So what I'm sayin is don't think were all bad because of the few. I have a Nova that I'm restoring and I used to drive. It was fast NOT the fastest but i thought I held my own. Well as you know EVERYBODY has a "brother" with a faster car. One guy i worked with told me his brother hit the nos at 170mph and burned the tires again, well I just said thats cool and went on. Then Ive had guys tell me about this car that does 7sec on a 700hp350sbc "mightymouse of KC" thought that was hard to believe so i checked it out at the track and surasshit there he was. So I'm just sayin let it slide and everybody else give the benifit of the doubt. A couple of other sayings my grandmother had was "you want more food"--yea--"well its in the kitchen go get you some" & my alltime favorite " It'll feel better once it quits hurtin" GEE thank you grandma!

Any way Im a retawd and we all hope you stay and if not we all wish you the best!
    Chris Clay
    BigRig

ps heres a tip: never pet a dog that is on fire!

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

20. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Don't sweat the petty stuff -- Pet the sweaty stuff.

It's often hard on the Internet to tell when people are just jokin' around or not. I know I've occasionaly come across as an a-hole without meaning to, if I did that to you, sorry. I know we've has similar problems on the Cummins site from time to time.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd