Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good carb shop in the Milpitas/San Jose area

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MilpitasK5, Dec 5, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of a good carb shop in the San Jose, Milpitas area? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I'm hoping for a place that will work on my carb while it's on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.
    Scott referred me to a good guy but he will only work on it if I pull the carb and bring it to him.
    If there's anyone here that knows carbs and can help me with mine, I'd be willing to pay too. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    I just want to get it running good until I can afford to buy a new carb or TBI swap! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks in advance! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I assume you need it rebuilt? I don't know how someone would tune a carb when it's off the truck, so that's really the only thin I can imagine you needing... Why not just pull the carb? It will take like 10 minutes tops to get it off of there. </font color>

3. MilpitasK5

I'm just terriefied of all those emissions wires and vacuume hoses!
    I guess that's what I may have to do. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I wanted to have someone try to adjust my choke first though.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The choke is pretty easy to adjust, Rene just made a post about it for someone like 2 days ago. The hoses aren't a huge deal, take pictures of it if you have a digital camera, but more importantly, DRAW A DIAGRAM! It will come in handy later on anyways, and you'll probably learn something too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

5. MilpitasK5

Which forum did he make that post in?

I'll take some pics and draw the diagram when I have to. Just hope I don't screw it up worse than it already is. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's not that hard to figure out what goes where. Certain things want timed vaccuum, others want full vaccuum. THe hard part is knowing what all the little doohickeys are that plug into the lines... </font color>

7. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

The vacuum line that runs down to the modulator on the trans: Where is that supposed to come from? My tranny is shifting way too early. I don't know if it's trying to go out on me or if the vacuum is wrong. I can be going 10 MPH &amp; it will already be in 3rd gear.

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Those usually get manifold vacumm.

There should be a port just behind the carb on the passenger side. Your other Accessories usually get their vacuum form there as well.

Good luck.

9. MilpitasK5

I guess so... I never really delt with that stuff b4 but there is always a first!
    Where did Rene post that write up? I looked but I couldn't find it.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

11. MilpitasK5

ah... Thanks Evan. I was searching for "Choke Adjustment". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

You should have a vaccume schematic printed on a sticker on top of your radiator suport. That diagram helped me put everything back together after my motor swap. I've never messed with it before and it wasn't that hard to figure out, it just looks like a mess at first.