Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good CB..good price..

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by bryguy00b, Jul 26, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys..well befor long im going to be looking at a cb..whats a good one for a good price..and i want to run the dual antenna setup..cause it looks so fricken cool! and does it help w/ signals or anything?

Bryan

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

From what I have been told and also have read on this subject a single antenna in most cases will transmit farther than dual antennas will. On a dual antenna set-up the antennas need to be 9 feet apart which you cannot do on a blazer or pick-up truck. You can find some very useful information on the wilson antenna site. Try www.wilsonantennas.com

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx..cuase sometimes a see trucks with like one on each mirror and stuff like that i thouht it looked pretty cool..

Bryan

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You could due duel antennas. One in the front and one in the back. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You can do duel antenna's on a Blazer. Just don't hook one of them up. Hooking both up is called co-phaseing. A Blazer isn't wide enough to co-phase on. You'll get SWR problems if you try it. Buy your pair of anteena's, just run one as a dummy. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've been investigating CBs lately too. For basics on how they work, look here.