Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Day Today!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by keith, Sep 12, 2002.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Picked up (5) 42/15/15 tires today. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Got home and the Hi steer set up was on the porch from UPS.
    Now I have to reassemble the 60 and put the disc kit on 14 bolt and mount tires and test in less than 18 Days. If I plan to make The Dixie Run. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif now you better get buisy lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wow get to work man! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Good deal!
    Let me know when you want to go testing. I'm about to go rebuild a different carb and see how it does nose up. Not sure I can find anything around here steep enough. I had problems at the trails by your house. It would be a good place for me if it works for you.

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I just about took a sh!t when I picked up my 42's. They look huge when they aren't on the truck.

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

We rolled em up beside my 39.5's and they are not much bigger. I dont think I could have fit the extra little bit though. Keith, get yer ass to work. He got all these cool parts, but NONE of them are together. So far I got the 60 under the K5 and just tack welded the spring perches on the 14, will test fit and fully weld up and install the 14 tomorrow.

Depdog

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Glenn, not all of us have cushy jobs and can drive by and wrench on state time like you! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Keith suffers from the same syndrome I do - too loose of a wallet and not enough time. My wallet looseness is getting nipped real soon. New house and a garage is needed. I need to get my priorities straight!

Sounds cool Keith - Now get to work!!!!

8. Depdog

If I could wrench on County time (not State /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) I would have been done. I work 4 pm to midnight, go home sack out, up at 7:30 to take the runt to schoool, and ususally get home eat and start wrenching at 9 to 9:30. Stop by 1:30 to get cleaned up to pick the runt up at school.

Depdog

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah my problem is also time.
    After a dentist appointment yesterday morning at a 11:30 I had to go get emmissions done on the cars. Ran a errarnd. Went to the Zone got my rebuild kit for the carb and some other stuff I needed. Get home about 4. Check e-mail. 4:30 I tell wife I'm going out to the garage. She tells me "I need to run to the store can you watch the kids?". So 5:40 rolls around. She's back. Watch the Kids while I fix supper" So 7pm. Lecturing 10 year old again. 7:30 "Can you put the baby to bed?" So 8:30 she finnaly gets to sleep....screw it I'm not going to get carb done.
    It's non stop like that with my family.
    Give it a shot again tonight. I want to have this on the truck and test drive it Sunday by Noon. Then dive into next project. If my MM part time kit comes in it will be that. If not then maybe Disc brakes if I can round up some parts.

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Now thats why I have missed chatting with you Depdog. I had forgotten all the funny antics. I hope the Runts are doing fine. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Depdog

Yep, they are doing fine. Did get the spring perches tacked onto the 14 bolt last night and got the brake lines cut and reflared (hope it works, damn double flares for brake lines are a bitch). If it aint raining tomorrow (looks like it will be) I hope to have it in.

Depdog