Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good day!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Today my dads friend brought his friend over to help with the snowblower. After fixing the problems my dads friend messed up, Ray (the guy that FIXED it) he got it going and everything. I learned quite a bit on the way. To clean the carb we used brake cleaner, works just like specialty carb cleaner, at 1/3 the price. So now that works good. NExt weekend, or some sunday, he's coming out again and we're going to fix the tractor. He is lisenced to fix small gas engines, snowblowers, snowmobiles, ATV's, lawntractors, etc. So he is going to show me how to fix it, so next time something happens I should beable to fix it myself.
    He's really knownledgeable so it was really fun. But in return I have to go ice fishing with him to show him how to catch a fish here (He just moved from ontario 6 months ago) but I don't really know how to fish that well. LOL but it will be fun.
    So this relieved me of a lot of stress, so if it does snow, we're prepared!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Congrats on getting the snowblower fixed and learning as well. Brake cleaner isnt as good at getting the really grungy stuff off but it works good too. CRC in the red can seems to work the best. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Don't buy the non-chlorinated brake cleaner its crap!

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay I won't buy the crap stuff. Thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif