Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

good deal for a parts truck??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Jan 29, 2004.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

It's a '79 2wd stepside that was going to become a pre-runner, but then interest was lost. The things I am interested in are the 4 new 35" BFG bajas, 8 point roll cage, and fiberglass hood and front fenders. He wants $950obo for it, has no engine, but a 12 bolt and tranny. Think I could sell the rest to make up the difference?? I may sell the 6 new wheels too, but am unsure. I may look at it this weekend, what should I look for as well?? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If it's a 2wd 1/2 ton it's going to have 5 lug wheels, not 6.

Those tires are worth more than $950 by themselves from the last time I looked at the prices on them.

Depending how nice the cab, frame, and box are, you might be able to sell them for $950 by themselves when you're done, but don't count on it unless they're perfect.

Keep in mind that the 12 bolt and tranny are worth maybe $300 total, and the condition of the body will determine its value. You'll have to decide if the goodies it has are worth raping from it if you can't make back the difference.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

well, the four tires are worth 600+, the hood depending on who made it is 300+, fenders?? Being in cali, how is the box? I know the box fenders are worth a bit over here in the road salt states! who's cage? bolt or weld? parts wise, it seems worth it. But how much of it are you gonna use? and can you sell off what you can't?

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What kind of rims? I need 3 5 on 5 for my trailer if they are the right kind and price....

As others have said look at the body.... Is it a Cal truck? North or south?

5. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

It's a truck from Central Cali. I will probably look at it this Saturday - the rims are 6 brand new 5-lug(I assume), but I don't know the type yet. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif