Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal? Hummer Rims...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Aug 8, 2003.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

There is a local guy in my area selling hummer rims, no run flats, for $100 for a set of 5. Is this a good deal? I know you have to get them recentered if you want to use them on normal axles, what about using them on dually axles? I read the other thread on Hummer Rims already, doesn't have all the answers and I didn't want to hijack with the first part of my question.

Just seems like $20 a rim is a good deal, even if I can't use them right away. TIA

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

To me that sounds like a good deal. And from what I understand about hummer rims, they'll work perfect on dually axles. Hope that helps.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I think that's a real good deal. I bought a set of 5 with the mag runflats for $350, $50 per wheel & $20 per runflat. Even buying the runflats seperate later on I don't think you'll lose.

The guy I bought mine from will sell the runflats seperate and ship them for $20 each + freight (he's here in Alabama).

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

I am getting my HMMWV wheels with 36" HMMWV tires on them w/ runflats for $250 for the set. And I'm gettin a good deal.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

How much tread on the tires and where did you get these at? Does the seller have any more? Thanks