Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal on 1 ton?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rpm35, Dec 12, 2003.

1. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

I found a 87 1 ton quad cab for I can get for $1800. It has EFI 350, t400, 205, 14b and d60. I can use the d60 and the 205. If I sell the rest of the parts I think I will come out ok. It also has 2 good fenders I can use for my 83. What do you guys think, is $1800 a good price?

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

yes, although it is a shame to rip that truck up for a 60, 205 and fenders, i would give you those parts in exchange for the truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

make a good tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

Trust me if this truck wasn't hammered I would save it. It would take way too much to bring this one back in shape. All its good for is parts. I am also looking at a 85 quad cab dually with a 6.5 turbo deasel. If the price is right I will have a new tow rig and a parts truck in the next few weeks.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me, and you'll have enough parts to build a complete truck...good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hell, the D60 and EFI 350 are worth that if they are in decent working condition... the rest is just icing on the cake. sweet deal!

j

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Offer the owner $1,200.00, and work your way up. Anytime you can get something cheaper,... well, you know.

7. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

if for some odd reason you don't end up buying it let me know, cause i'll make the trip over there and pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. rpm35

rpm35 Registered Member

The guy selling it wont go down on price. He got it from a friend to build a 72 blazer he has. He doesn't have time to build the blazer so the 1 ton is up for sale. I went and looked at it today. The running gear looks perfect, no leaks anywere. There was also another guy looking at it and another one on the way. If it is there monday it will be mine.