Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Good Deal on a 72?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by firefighter184, Apr 29, 2003.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

This fella on my fire department is joining the Marines and wants to sell me his 72 K5. It's got a decent 350 in it, Crate, 330HP. Has a few problems w/ electrical, rebuilt TH350, 4inch Superlift and BFG Mudders (50% tread). He wants $1500. I am not not not a mechanic. Is this a good deal? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I would say jump on it. if it's running and road worthy i would say it's worth it.

ARQ.

3. mountainibis

mountainibis Registered Member

If the body's in good shape considering the price, I say go for it. If not, I'm sure there's a bunch of people around here who'll stand in line for it.

4. druehlman

druehlman Registered Member

You don't want that truck, you should send me the info so I can buy it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Jump on it! Their getting rarer [sp] every day, and if You want it, go for it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

I'd jump all over that deal! Hell, the crate 350's worth the asking price(saying it's relatively new and still fresh)and you get a 1st gen with lift to boot! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif How come I'm never in the right place at the right time for deals like this????

7. firefighter184

Well, if I can't scrape up the dinero, when he's ready, I'll make sure an let you guys know. First come first mud...

8. jeffer

jeffer 1/2 ton status

I'd say that's a good deal. Let us know if you pass on the deal. I could alway use a second Blazer.

9. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

If you don't want it and the others fall through, I would LOVE to have this as my first truck...I'll keep checking this thread /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. firefighter184

Man, I really hope I have the cash. The more I think about it, the more I want this thing. I have a 2nd Gen, but the wifey wants a big'un too. Her Pathfinder just isn't going to make the grade anymore. Too little. Now I just have to get her to Take my 85 so I can have the 72 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif